Thread: Cant read charts and graphs in PDF files on Kindle 2

Cant read charts and graphs in PDF files on Kindle 2

Hello people, I have a Kindle 2 portable eBook reader which I use to read PDF files but for some reason I Cant read charts and graphs in PDF files on Kindle 2. The graphs and charts inside a PDF files are not visible on the Kindle 2. Is there something wrong with the Kindle which I am using? Please help.

Re: Cant read charts and graphs in PDF files on Kindle 2

It is possible that the ebook reader which you are using is faulty due tow which you are not able to read the PDF files on it. Kindle is a portable device, all the portable devices are unreliable as they have to sustain lot of physical shocks. This reduces the life of the portable device. I would suggest that you get your portable device checked by some technician and see what exactly the problem is with the device.

Check if the PDF file is proper before doing any troubleshooting on the device. Some times the files which are transfered on the device are corrupt and when such files are viewed using Kindle, some part of the text or file is not visible. I suspect that the file which you are using is corrupt due to which the graphs and charts are not visible. Try opening the file on some other computer and check if the file opens properly or not. Transfer some other file on the device and see if all the components of the files is visible on Kindle or not.

Try and convert the file into the native format of Kindle which is mobi/prc format. Some components of the PDF file are sometimes unreadable by the reader due to which blank space is seen instead of the components. Therefore try to convert the PDF file into mobi/prc file and then see if the graphs and charts are visible on the reader or not. If the graphs and charts are still not visible on the Kindle after converting then you will have to get the portable reader checked for some faults.

I also think the file is corrupt and that is the reason why the file is not working on the Kindle. However I want to try to convert the file into mobi/prc format and then see if the file is working on the Kindle or not. I want to know how to convert the file from PDF to mobi/prc format so that the file can be read on the Kindle. Are there any conversion software's available for converting the file from pdf to mobi/prc?

There are many applications available for converting the format of the file from PDF to mobi/prc for Kindle. You can try and fix the PDF by using A-PDF Extractor which will help you in repairing the PDF file if there are any faults. Although if you want to convert the PDF file to mobi/prc file then you can use Mobipocket creator or Calibre software suite. Both the applications are open source software and are available for free online. Try converting the files and see if the files work in kindle or not.