Thread: Can i use Micromax Q3 camera as webcam

Can i use Micromax Q3 camera as webcam

I am having the Micromax Q3 mobile phone which has the 1.3 Megapixel camera. I am having the desktop computer system which does not have the webcam. I want to know that can i use Micromax Q3 camera as webcam with my desktop computer. If yes then how can i do it. Otherwise give me suggestion for good webcam for purchasing. I am waiting for the reply over here.

Re: Can i use Micromax Q3 camera as webcam

You are having the desktop computer system which is currently not having the webcam. You are having the Micromax Q3 mobile phone which has the 1.3 Megapixel camera. Yo want to know that you can use the camera of the Micromax Q3 mobile phone as the webcam with your desktop computer system or not. Well you can use the Micromax Q3 mobile phone camera as the webcam only if the mobile has that feature.

First of all make sure that this Micromax Q3 mobile phone camera can be used as the webcam or not. You can refer the user guide of this mobile phone for knowing that. If nothing is mentioned in the user guide of the mobile for using the camera as the webcam with the desktop computer then it does not have that feature. So you cannot use it as the webcam.

If this Micromax Q3 mobile phone support the webcam feature then you can use the camera of this mobile phone as the webcam very easily with the desktop and the laptop computer systems. But you will need to install the software in the desktop or laptop first for using the mobile as the webcam. After that you can use it as the webcam with your desktop computer.

Insert the software disc of the Micromax Q3 mobile phone in the DVD rom of the desktop computer and install the webcam driver of the mobile phone in the system after that you can use the camera of the Micromax Q3 mobile as the webcam with your desktop computer system. If you are not having the driver software of the Micromax Q3 then you can download and install it from the link given below.
    http://www.micromaxinfo.com/products/q3.html

After installing the driver software of webcam for the Micromax Q3 mobile phone in your desktop computer system connect the mobile to computer using the USB cable provided with it. After that you will get the connection type selection menu in the mobile phone. Select the webcam in the mobile phone. now the mobile will be connected to computer in webcam mode.

Hi. Here are main Features Of Micromax Q3 Ezpad:
    * Dual GSM-Dual Standby
    * Qwerty Keypad(ezpad)
    * Preloaded mobile social messenger (Nimbuzz)
    * 1.3MP Camera
    * Multi Format Music Player
    * Stereo FM radio
    * Bluetooth(A2DP)
    * Large SMS & PHB using Photocall
    * Expandable Memory (upto 2GB)
    So, i'm sorry to tell you that your Micromax Q3 mobile phone doesn't have the functionality of webcam. But you can buy one from this pc webcamsite. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by FReakMaster; 30-04-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Warning: External link not allowed