Thread: Unable to format nokia 5130 with format codes

Unable to format nokia 5130 with format codes

Hi friends,
    I have Nokia 5130 Xpressmusic phone, recently my phone was infected by a virus. So in order to remove it i format the memory card and then all the memory card data was deleted and also the virus was gone. But after two or three day the virus came back on my phone. Then one of my friend he told me about to format the phone memory card as well as memory card. I did that with the help of format codes i.e *#7370# and it asked me security code then i entered 12345, but my phone did not accept the default security code. I don't understand what is happening, please help me to format my phone..

Re: Unable to format nokia 5130 with format codes

As you have said that you are not able to format your phone memory with the help of format codes. The problem which you are facing is that, i think you have previously added some password or security code to lock your phone or it might be the some other reason. The most important thing, if you have defined any of the password or security code to your phone then it will use that code only for any other modification in your phone with respect to the security code. This is the reason why you are facing this problem..

You can try this method by which you can format your phone memory completely.
    Please follow the instructions correctly in order to format your phone memory card:
    Note - Before doing this method you need to backup your contacts and other important data from phone.

Step 1: You need to switch off your mobile phone.

Step 2: After that you need to press and hold the following three buttons at the same time including "number key 3"," * sign key", and then "calling button (which is green coloured)" and after holding the buttons just switch on your cell phone.

By this method all the data completely erases from your phone with your security code and it will reset it back to default code "12345"

As simond has suggested you the best way of formatting your phone memory to remove all the virus threats from the phone. After doing that method then you can also try this format code which you have used it previously. Just dial *#7370# on you phone and then it will ask you the security code and now you can type 12345 which is a default code. It will reformat the C: drive of your phone. All the data on this drive will be lost.

You need to do all the above methods by removing your memory card which is very important. After doing all the steps which are mentioned in the above post then you can format your memory card by using it in the memory card reader which is easily available in any store, with that you can format your memory card through connecting it to the computer and then you canre-insert memory card in the phone and you can check out that it has been fully cleaned by from the virus infection.

In order to avoid these virus threats from your phone you need to have an updated antivirus on your phone which can help you to protect your phone from the virus infection. So in order to have antivirus you need to find it on the google search, i use Symentec antivirus which is truly made for the phone and it can detect virus on your phone and can delete them. So if you want it then you can visit symentec official website and from there you can download it.