Thread: Strange Internal beeping sound in Hp Pavilion dv6-1362nr Laptop

Strange Internal beeping sound in Hp Pavilion dv6-1362nr Laptop

Hello there, I have recently bought a Hp Pavilion dv6-1362nr Laptop which is installed with Windows Vista. The laptop was working great and I was loving the feel of it but it suddenly shut down itself while playing game and now the system will not boot. Whenever I press the power button, the laptop does not boot and I get a Strange Internal beeping sound in Hp Pavilion dv6-1362nr Laptop. I am not a computer savvy and hence cannot figure out what is causing such problem and therefore I need your help. Please suggest some solutions.

Re: Strange Internal beeping sound in Hp Pavilion dv6-1362nr Laptop

I think the battery of the laptop must be out of charge due to which the laptop is not booting. Sometimes it happens that the battery of the laptop does not charge even when it is connected to the AC adapter. If the battery of the laptop does not have enough charge, then it will not be able to provide power to boot the laptop. Therefore connect the laptop to the AC adapter and see if the charging light on the laptop is glowing. Let the battery of the laptop charge for about 2 to 3 hours and then try to boot the laptop.

Mostly all the laptops face the problem with the Residual charge. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips of the laptop. If the residual charge reaches the threshold level then the system will not be able to access the RAM chips. If the system is not able to access the RAM chips then it will not boot. You will have to discharge the residual charge from the laptop, to discharge the residual charge, shut down the laptop and disconnect it from the AC source. Remove the battery and press the power button. Keep the power button pressed for about 30 seconds. Replace the battery after 30 seconds and see if the laptop is booting.

There is a battery on the motherboard of the laptop which is responsible for saving all the BIOS settings which are required for the laptop to boot. Therefore open the laptop and locate the battery. Remove the battery and check the voltage across the battery. The voltage should be between 2.5 volts to 3 volts. If the voltage is less than 2.5 volts then the system will not boot. Replace the battery and see if the laptop is booting.

Beeping sound while booting of the laptop, indicates that the system is not able to access the system memory of the computer. It is possible that the RAM chips are dislocated from there respective slots due to which the laptop is not booting. If you can open the laptop, open it and remove the RAM chips. Clean the connecting terminals of the RAM and then replace them back in their respective slots. If there are multiple RAM chips then try booting the system, with single chip at a time. If for any particular chip, if the system does not boot then discard the RAM chip as it may be faulty.

Motherboard is a very important peripheral of the computer. All the functions which are carried out by the computer are controlled by the motherboard. Motherboard is responsible for providing correct voltage levels to all the devices which are connected to the computer. If the motherboard it self is faulty then the computer will not work properly. Therefore I would suggest you to get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technician. If the motherboard is faulty then there is no other option than to replace the motherboard of the laptop.