Thread: Iphone remote can't connect to itunes

Iphone remote can't connect to itunes

Hi,

I have a windows vista pc with itunes 8. I am not able to access Remote application. When I open, it gives me the error message, Remote could not connect to your Library because of the firewall. I have even tried after turning off the firewall but the same problem again, Why Iphone remote can't connect to itunes ??? What should I do ???

Re: Iphone remote can't connect to itunes

Remote must be connected via Wi-Fi to the same local network as iTunes or Apple TV to link and control those libraries. You can determine if your devices are on the same network if your network configuration specifies the same IP address from router. The router address is composed of a series of four numbers separated by dots.

Update your AirPort Base Stations. If you use an AirPort base station, make sure you have installed the latest firmware. Update your AirPort Base Station by AirPort Utility, Folder Applications> Utilities of your computer. The iTunes library or Apple TV you connect to Remote must meet the system requirements to connect properly.

Remote should be linked to your iTunes library to control playback of content. Follow these steps to link Remote.

1. Open iTunes on your vista computer.
    2. Then connect iPhone to a Wi-Fi network that is connected to the local network it belongs to your windows PC.
    3. Open the Remote application on your mobile phone.
    4. Choose Add Library in the Remote settings screen.
    5. Remote display a 4-digit password. In iTunes, choose the name of the iPhone in the Devices list, and enter the password.
    6. Remote will be linked to iTunes and you can begin to explore the library using Remote and choose content to play.

To remotely connect to iTunes, iTunes must be open on your Mac or PC. You must also have the preference "Search applications Remote for iPhone "Activated. This setting is enabled by default, but you can see this on the Devices tab of iTunes preferences. You can link to iTunes up to five Remotes. If this limit is reached and you need to configure another Remote, Remote removes links to iTunes. In iTunes, click the button Remote Forget all applications on the Devices tab of iTunes preferences.

Ensure that firewall is not blocking communication between Remote and iTunes. Remote uses TCP port 3689 and UDP port 5353 to communicate with iTunes. To make sure your firewall is not blocking iTunes:

1. On the menu HomeSelect Control Panel.
    2. Click Security and then Windows Firewall.
    3. Click Change settings.
    4. If Windows requests permission to continue, click Continue.
    5. In the Settings window in Windows Firewall, make sure the option "Block all incoming connections" is not selected, then click the Exceptions tab.