Thread: Problem setting up mobileme mail account on iphone

Problem setting up mobileme mail account on iphone

Hi,

I have a problem setting up mobileme mail account on my iphone. I want to set up MobileMe email on my iphone 3GS. I can synchronized calendar, bookmarks and contacts, it works fine but mobileme mail account on iphone is still inactive. I have verified the settings but can't find the problem. Please help me !!!

Re: Problem setting up mobileme mail account on iphone

You need to ensure that you have an Internet connection: Open Safari on the iPhone and make sure that you can open website , including apple.com. Check whether you can receive emails from your MobileMe account on your Macintosh. For example, open Check mail on Mac OS X, and that you can receive the messages as expected.

Turn your iPhone off and on again, and then try again. If the problem continues, set all slider to the Off position, then back to "On" and try again. If multiple accounts are set up MobileMe on your iPhone, the option "push" only works for one of them. If you want to change the account that uses the "push" activate synchronize contacts , calendars and bookmarks for that account and then activate "push".

If no procedure is running, remove the account from your iPhone. From the Home screen, tap Settings> Mail, Contacts and Calendars, and then tap your MobileMe account (if you synchronize Contacts, Calendar or bookmarks with MobileMe, choose to store data on your iPhone when prompted). Tap Delete Account. On the Mail screen, contacts and calendars, tap Add Account> MobileMe again and configure your account. If you synchronize data with MobileMe on your iPhone, choose Merge data on your iPhone when you are prompted after you add your account.

With MobileMe Mail, you receive an alert in real time on your iPhone or iPod touch when you receive new e-mail me.com or mac.com. To solve you problem, make sure your MobileMe mail account is activated and the function "push" is enabled on your iPhone. From the home screen of the iPhone or iPod touch, tap Settings> Mail, Contacts and Calendars> (your MobileMe account). Make sure the cursor is mail enabled.