Thread: Motorola HT820 Bluetooth headset does not work with iphone

Motorola HT820 Bluetooth headset does not work with iphone

Hi,

I have recently purchased Motorola HT820 Bluetooth headset. My problem is that Motorola HT820 Bluetooth headset does not work with my iphone 3G. I have checked the setting in the iphone. I can pair it to the iphone but I do not get the audio through the headset device. What may be the problem ???

Re: Motorola HT820 Bluetooth headset does not work with iphone

Bluetooth headsets from other manufacturers may not be compatible with all models of iPhone. Before attempting to solve the problem or request service, check the manufacturer's website that the product is compatible with the iPhone. Also make sure your iPhone is configured to play sound through the headphones. Click Audio and select Source Bluetooth Headset iPhone.

Make sure both the headset and the iPhone are charged fully. Turn off the Motorola HT820 headset and turn it on again. Turn off iPhone 3G and turn it on again. On the iPhone, make sure Bluetooth is turned on, to do so, on the Home screen, choose Settings> General> Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth. If the problem is solved using the headset, the problem is in the original headset.

In Bluetooth Settings panel, check that the headset is in discoverable mode. When using third-party Bluetooth headsets, check the manual for how to set the visible mode and what the default security code. In the case of Apple's Bluetooth headset, hold the same button until you hear five quick beeps and high over the loudspeaker. When the headset is in discoverable mode, the status light blinks green repeatedly. When the headset appears in the list of Bluetooth devices, click on it to link it with the iPhone.

If the iPhone still does not bind to the headset, it removes all records from any other Bluetooth device bound. Select Settings> General> Bluetooth and click . Then select Ignore device. Turn off iPhone and turn it on again. If the problem is solved using a headset that works properly and iPhone settings are correct, replace the iPhone.

New iPhone 3G and iPhone use 3G chips from Broadcom Bluetooth, which built along with Wi-Fi chips, and is totally new to the market. Most Bluetooth headphones use CSR's chips, not really 100% compatible with the Broadcom chip. Most Bluetooth headsets out there are not fully compatible with the new iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.