Thread: Problems with HP G6000 laptop

Problems with HP G6000 laptop

Hello there, I have a HP G6000 laptop which is installed with Windows Xp operating system. The laptop was working fine but from past few days I am not able to boot the laptop. When the power button is pressed, all the LED's of the laptop glow but then nothing happens. Before the laptop completely stopped working, the laptop used to restart frequently while working but I did not care about it and now the laptop is not starting at all. Therefore if anybody else is facing similar Problems with HP G6000 laptop then please share some information about it, which might help me in solving the issue.

Re: Problems with HP G6000 laptop

All the functions which are performed by the computer are controlled by the motherboard of the computer. Motherboard is responsible for distribution of power to all the devices which are connected to the computer along with taking logical decisions. If the motherboard of the computer is faulty then the system will not work properly. Therefore I would suggest you to get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technician. If the motherboard is faulty then you will have to replace the motherboard in order to solve the issue.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Normally the system restarts when there is not enough memory left in the system memory. All the processes require some amount of system memory to be allocated for execution. If lot of processes are running together then lot of system memory space will be taken up by the processes. If the system runs out of the memory and if any process is executed, then the system will restart. To solve such problem, you will have to upgrade the system memory of the computer. Once the system memory of the computer is increased, then you will not face the same problem again.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There is a battery located on the motherboard of the laptop which is responsible for saving all the BIOS settings which are required for booting. If you can open the laptop, open it and then locate the battery on the motherboard. Remove the battery and check the voltage across the battery. The voltage of the battery should be between 2.5 volts to 3 volts. If the voltage of the battery is less than 2.5 volts then the system will not boot. Replacing the battery will solve the problem.

Mostly all the laptops face the problem with residual charge. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips. If the voltage of the residual charge crosses the threshold level then the system will not be able to access the system memory. If such a situation occurs then the files which are required for booting the operating system will not be loaded in the RAM which will prevent booting of the system. To discharge the residual charge from the laptop, shut down the laptop and disconnect it from the AC source. Remove the battery and press the power button for about 30 seconds. After that replace the battery and see if the system boots.