Thread: Snowy display after waking up from sleep mode in Mac mini

Snowy display after waking up from sleep mode in Mac mini

I have recently bought an Apple Mac mini which is installed with Mac OS X 10.6 on it. I am facing with some problems with the Mac mini which I am using. I get a Snowy display after waking up from sleep mode in Mac mini. If the mini is put to sleep and then brought back to the active state, the display is all blurry and misplaced. Is this some hardware failure? Please help.

Re: Snowy display after waking up from sleep mode in Mac mini

As the mac mini is new, I would suggest you to take the Mac mini to some apple authorized service center. Take the mini to the service center and get it checked by the technician at the service center. The technician at the service center will check the mini thoroughly and will list all the problems which are encountered by them. If the Mac mini is covered under Apple warranty then no charges will be levied for servicing but if the mini is out of warranty then service charge along with the cost of the hardware to be replaced will also be taken.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The operating system on the computer is corrupt I think. All the functions which are carried out by the computer are controlled by the operating system. There are many files which are associated to the operating system. If any of the files which is associated to the operating system is corrupt or missing on the computer, then the operating system will not work properly. Therefore if you have the installation disk of the operating system which you are using then insert the installation disk and boot the system from the installation disk. Install the operating system in Install/archive mode. Once the operating system is installed, check if the problem persists or not.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The logic board controls all the primary functions of the computer. The main responsibility of the logic board is to provide correct power levels to all the devices which are connected to the computer. If the logic board is not able to provide correct voltage levels to the devices then the system will not work properly. Hence I suspect that the logic board of the computer is faulty and hence needs to be replaced. Get the logic board of the computer tested. If the logic board is faulty then you will have to replace the logic board. Replacing the logic board will solve the problem.

Most of the problems which are related to the Mac systems are solved by performing a PRAM reset. Many times invalid entries get stored in the system memory of the computer. If the system memory of the computer gets flooded with the invalid entries then the operating system will not work properly. You will have to clear all the invalid entries from the RAM inorder to bring back the system to working state. To perform PRAM reset, locate the following keys (Apple, Option, R and P). Press and hold the following keys till three startup chimes are heard. Once 3rd startup chime is heard, release the keys and let the system boot normally.

The new Intel based Mac laptops face the problem with SMC reset. SMC is responsible for taking care of all the underlying processes. If the SMC does not terminate all the underlying processes then the macbook will give some problems while working and hence require SMC reset frequently. To reset the SMC of MAC mini, follow the steps below :-
    1. Shut down the Mac mini.
    2. Disconnect from AC source.
    3. Remove the battery and press the power button.
    4. Keep the power button pressed for about 30 seconds and then release the button.
    5. Replace the battery and try starting the Macmini.