Thread: Upgrading the firmware of the Nokia N73 mobile phone

Upgrading the firmware of the Nokia N73 mobile phone

I am having the Nokia N73 Music Edition mobile phone and i want to upgrade the firmware of the mobile phone. But i dont know how can i do it by my own. So i am here to get the solution. So suggest me how can i upgrade the firmware of the Nokia N73 mobile phone. As this is the Symbian S60 operating system mobile phone from the Nokia.

Re: Upgrading the firmware of the Nokia N73 mobile phone

You are having the Nokia N73 mobile phone and you want to update the operating systems firmware of this Nokia N73 mobile phone. The firmware update is essential for all the Symbian series 60 Nokia mobiles phones to keep the mobile upto date. The firmware updates released by the nokia in the regular time intervals which add some new features and removes bugs of the old firmware.
    Last edited by Simond; 13-03-2010 at 10:39 AM.

You can upgrade to the newest Firmware software of the Nokia N73 mobile phone very easily. For updating to the latest Firmware of the Nokia N73 mobile phone you have to connect the Nokia N73 mobile phone with the computer system by the USB cable provided with the N73. Make sure that you are having the Nokia PC suit or OVI suit installed in the system.

If you are not having the Nokia PC suite or OVI suite installed in the system then insert the software disc of the mobile phone and install the software whichever from these two is there in the disc. after that connect the Nokia N73 mobile phone to the computer using USB cable in the PC suite mode. Select the software update option in the PC Suite and complete it.

If you are not having the Nokia PC SUITE or Nokia OVI SUITE software setup or the software disc of the Nokia N73 mobile phone with you then you can download the this softwares directly from here. Download them on your system and install them properly. After that connect the Nokia N73 mobile with the computer system using the USB cable. After that follow the same thing given above.

This procedure will take around 60 minutes to complete but make sure that you should take the backup all the contacts and the messages as well as the data stored on the device memory of the Nokia N73 mobile phone. It may be possible that this details can be deleted during the firmware update. So it is better to take the backup.