Thread: Macbook Air Fan not working properly

Macbook Air Fan not working properly

Hi,
    I have a MacBook Air which is getting heated. After 5 minutes it reaches a temperature of 65/70 degree. My trying to control everything with fancontrol, smcFanControl, ICyclone short, nothing works, the fan keeps running and what is true knowledge is that the temperature does not drop so far and longer battery life has significantly declined. I need help to fix this.

Re: Macbook Air Fan not working properly

I too have a problem where after 2 minutes of use my fan starts to operate at full capacity. As some of you I see that pulling the battery out it no longer occurs. This eats up my battery and the temperature is also showed to 70 degree. In activity monitor I had notice some applications which are eating up some CPU but that are normal which I used everyday.

In my case the temperature goes to 70 degree which happens when I use my printing. There is nothing serious here, I had an issue with my network printer with a Mac trying to communicate without effect. Once the printer has properly settled the connection the CPU temp dropped to 53 degrees in minutes and the fans stop reducing the noise also. So there might be some application in your Macbook which is causing issue.

I too have this problem, I have a macbook version 10.5.5 2ghz with 2 gb of ram, it runs under Leopard since this morning that starts the fan starts and runs from 4500 rpm (when using Safari) and 6200 rpm when I watch a movie on VLC. After sometime the CPU temperature is, however, between 60 and 68 degrees. I had restarted the computer several times, removed the battery and press the start button for 5 secs. I think my Fan is not working.

The system gets heater or the temperature rise when there is no proper ventilation. There might be dust in your macbook you can just open it safely and clean that. Once done you can reconnect the unit and then check back again. My fan speed increases automatically sometimes but when I checked with Activity Monitor there is nothing that eats more than 10-12% of system resource.