Thread: Slow response in Ipod classic

Slow response in Ipod classic

I have recently bought an iPod classic 80GB. I like it very much and it was great feeling to use it, but i found out a big problem that it is very slow.
    It includes the following drawbacks for slow response:

When i browse the albums through the Music menu, or Cover Flow, the artwork of the album takes a long time to load it, I only see a white music note on gray background. Then I do a small click in the actual iPod after that the music and artwork loads and plays.

There is also an issue when i skip a scene from a video, or finish fast forwarding/rewinding, the video takes a long time to begin playing it again.

Pictures take long time to load when I browse them.

The overall graphics most of the times don't appear in the graphic's side of the menus.

Re: Slow response in Ipod classic

I just wanted to know that what is the bitrate of the songs which you are saved in your ipod classic, and how many of the playlist you have in your ipod? I just wanted to give you some information that when you use a song which has a very high bitrate and when you save multiple smart playlist that could be the reson inslowing your ipod. I think you shoud try to reset and restore you ipod and try to update the firmware which you are using it currently.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

There is a solution for your problem by which you can make your ipod run faster. The iPod has a hard drive as we have in our PC. So when the ipod becomes slow, you need to defrag it. You can defrag your ipod by using iTunes in your pc when your iPod is connected, you have to enable the disc mode. This will to use your iPod as a removable drive. After that you need to download a tool named "JKDefrag" which i regularly use.

Select your iPod in the list which is displayed in the pc and click on defrag.
    In JKDefrag go to the Start then to Run dialog box, type the location which you want to defrag and then with a space type the drive where your ipod is located. Once the process is done you can enjoy a nice and faster iPod.

I think there is a better way by which you can defrag or format your ipod. The thing to remember is that your iphone appears in the pc as a simple remavable hardware according to the windows. So it is better thing to format it because most of the time there may be a files which might get corrupted and your ipod becomes slow. In this situation you need to format it with the help of pc, in the same way as you format your any other removable disk.

If any method is not working with your problem then you need to call to the apple persons for the service. If your ipod is in the warranty period this is the beeter thing to do with your ipod. After calling they doesn't respose to your query then go to the store from where you have bought it and see if they can help you out in some aspect. I am also using same ipod and whenever i have any kind of problem i simply call to the apple people and they take care of my problem.

I had slow response problems with my Ipod classic, found these steps on the apple ipod website, tried it, and it worked:

With Ipod fully charged:
    1. Toggle hold switch on and off
    2. Press and Hold down menu + centre select button (6-10 seconds) until the apple appears.

For reference, see the apple website:
    http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/classic/#