Thread: Unable to send installer file from Nokia 5230

Unable to send installer file from Nokia 5230

I have Nokia 5230 phone in which i have activated gprs service on my phone to download applications, games, software, themes etc for my phone. One day when i was trying to send the installer files of applications and game from my phone to my friends phone via bluetooth through file manager, i was getting an error message "unable to send protected file". I don't know what to do, please help me.

Re: Unable to send installer file from Nokia 5230

You are getting this error message is because the files which you are trying to send are the protected files and they cannot be sent from the phon. These files are .sis, .sisx, .jar files. If you want then you can rename them and remove the extension of .sis, .sisx and .jar from a particular installer file and then try to send it to your friends mobile, after that if the files are sent then rename them back with the extension which you previouslt removed to send them and install them into your friends mobile phone.

There is also another way by which you can send these protected files from your mobile phone. I can suggest you a tool which is called "Fileexplorer", it is software for the nokia phones which is used to explore all the files and the data which are saved in the phone as well as in the memory card. It also provides all the information which are related to the mobile phone. With this software you can sen all the files by using bluetooth to the other phone.

I use "Xplore" software which is a file exploring tool for the nokia phone. You can get this software for free from the gallary9 website which provides this software. It is a great software which is used for managing files and data of the phone and also with this application you can send protected files from the phone to the different phones. With this software you can also view hidden files which are not visible in the file explorer of the phone.

In case if there are files which cannot be sent from the phone then you need to do one thing. If you want to send them to your friends phone then there is a simple method you need to remove your memory card from your phone and then insert it in the friends mobile phone then access your memory card in the friends phone and from there just copy all the files which you wanted to send him in the phone memory and after that remove your memory card. Hope this will help you out.