Thread: acer 5738 random reboots

acer 5738 random reboots

Hi ,

I bought Aspire 5738 in Nov 2009 and I m running Win 7 over it since then . Till a few days back i had no issues with it and it was working well ,but recently it has started rebooting after almost evry 2 hours all of a sudden while working or even if nothing is being done (only downloading is going on).

In the eventlog there is a event "eventlog evnet ID 6008 - unexpected shutdown I read in this forum that it may be due to overheating (which may be the reason after all as now summer has started), but in order to check that I kept my laptop on the floor which is relatively cool and gives a proper vent to the heat emanating from the laptop but still I can see that it rebooted (which leads me to believe that it may not be due to overheating ) .

I have run the AVG full comp scan and no virus is reported , and I did not install any new software except the usual AVG updates .

Even though this laptop is in warranty and I read that it may be a hardware issue ,I am wary of giving it to Acer guys as then I will have to stay without my laptop for many days (repairing time can be long here) .

Can anyone help me in this regard , I mean if I am sure that its a hardware issue I will have to turn to the Acer service centre for sure however long it may take but can there be any other reason (may be software ,which I can solve myself) .

Thanks in advance

Re: acer 5738 random reboots

It might happen that there would be some issue with your battery because of which you are facing such kind of issue but before doing this, try to format your system and install a fresh copy of operating system and have a check for the same, if you are still facing the same issue then you have to give it to acer service center and hope you get it ASAP