Thread: Windows 7 detects my fifth generation Ipod as Corrupted iPod

Windows 7 detects my fifth generation Ipod as Corrupted iPod

Hello people, I upgraded the operating system on my computer from Windows Xp to Windows 7 recently. I used to connect my fifth generation Ipod to my computer for syncing music and videos and it worked perfectly on Windows XP but now after upgradation of the operating system, Windows 7 detects my fifth generation Ipod as Corrupted iPod. Whenever I connect the Ipod to the computer, it shows the same message again and again. I cant figure out what is causing this problem and hence need your help in solving the issue. Any help regarding the issue is highly appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 detects my fifth generation Ipod as Corrupted iPod

Probably the problem is with the connecting cord which is used to connect the Ipod to the computer. The connecting cord which is used to connect the Ipod to the computer is a USB cord. USB cord have lines of conductors which can get damaged due to improper storage and handling of the cord. If the connecting cord is faulty then the communication between the computer and the Ipod will not be proper and hence your computer is reporting the Ipod as Corrupt Ipod. Change the connecting cord and then see if the Ipod gets detected or not.

Windows 7 has many incompatibility issues with many of the devices. This incompatibility issue rises due to lack of proper drivers for all the devices which are available. As the drivers for many devices are not available for Windows 7, many devices dont work properly in Windows 7. The Ipod which you are using is very old and hence the drivers for Ipod has to be installed on the computer. Go to the official Apple website and check if the drivers for the model of the Ipod which you are using is available for Windows 7 or not. If the drivers are available then download them and install it on the computer. Once the appropriate drivers are installed, you will not face the same problem again.

Ipod has an internal operating system known as Firmware. Like any other software the firmware of the Ipod can also get corrupt and stuck. If such situation arises then the Ipod will not be detected by the computer. To bring the Ipod out of loop, you will have to reset the ipod. To reset the Ipod, press and hold the Menu and Center click button. Keep the buttons pressed till the Apple logo appears on the screen. Once the apple logo appears, release the button and let the Ipod restart. Now connect the Ipod to the computer and then see if the Ipod gets detected by the computer.

It is possible that the Ipod which you are using has really got corrupt and hence computer is not detecting the Ipod. Ipod contains hard drive which is similar to the hard drive of the computer. The hard drive of the Ipod can also get corrupt due to excessive usage or development of bad sectors. If the hard drive of the Ipod gets corrupted then the Ipod will be reported as corrupted Ipod by the operating system as there is no readable or writable media present. Take the Ipod to some Apple store and get the Ipod checked.