Thread: Acer Aspire 3050 not working properly

Acer Aspire 3050 not working properly

Hello there, I have an Acer Aspire 3050 laptop which is installed with Windows Xp operating system. The laptop was working fine, but from few days it has started giving some problems while running. Sometimes the Laptop does not boot at all and sometimes the laptop gets stuck at some places. The Webcam of the laptop also does not work properly. While video chatting, the messenger client shows that the Webcam is not working or not connected. Therefore if anybody know my Acer Aspire 3050 is not working properly then please share some suggestion/solutions about it.

Re: Acer Aspire 3050 not working properly

Mostly all the laptops face the problem with residual charge. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips. If the stored residual charge crosses the threshold limit then the system will not be able to access the system RAM. In such a situation you will have to discharge the stored residual charge. To discharge the stored charge, shut down the laptop and disconnect it from the power source. Remove the battery and then press and hold the power button. Keep the buttons pressed for about 30 seconds and then replace the battery. Try booting the computer.

Check if the drivers for the Webcam are installed and working properly on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require a set of drivers to be installed on the computer to work properly. If the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are installed and working properly on the computer, Right click on My computer and then select Device manager. Highlight the installed webcam. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help then try and update the drivers for the Webcam.

I suspect that the hard drive of your laptop has gone bad due to which you are facing such problems with the laptop. Hard drive of the computer stores all the files of the operating system. If the hard drive of the laptop is not working properly then the system is bound to get stuck while operating. Hence I would suggest you to open the laptop and remove the hard drive of the laptop. Connect to some other computer as a slave and see if the hard drive gets detected. You can download the diagnostics tool for the hard drive and then run it on the hard drive. Check if there are any errors while running the Hard drive diagnostic tools. If there are any errors which cannot be solved, then you will have to replace the hard drive of the laptop.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Motherboard of the laptop controls all the functions which are performed by the computer. If the motherboard of the computer itself is faulty then the computer will not work properly and will give problems just like the ones which you are facing. Therefore get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technician. If there any problems with the motherboard, then you will have to replace the motherboard of the laptop. Replacing the motherboard will solve the problem permanently.