Thread: "Karina" named folder on my Nokia 5230

"Karina" named folder on my Nokia 5230

Hi friends,
    One day when i was browsing file explorer on my Nokia 5230 in the memory section, i saw a folder was present with the name of Karina in the memory card. I thought that it would be a normal folder which would have mistakenly created in the memory card. I went in the option and then tried to delete it, when i selected to delete it a message poped up saying that "readonly file and cannot be deleted". I tried for several times but the same message was repeated, Please help me to remove it.

Re: "Karina" named folder on my Nokia 5230

I have read about this file type, it is a virus which is associated with the malware infection. This virus is related to the computer infection and as you have said that you are having this file in your mobile in the folder form. The conclusion is that you don't need to worry, because it is a computer virus and it will not effect your mobile phone's system. This virus can only make infection on the computer and related to it. If you want then you can just try to delete it by renaming it in your mobile phone.

If you want to remove this file from your computer then you need to scan your memory card of your phone with the updated antivirus. This means that you need to connect you phone in the mass storage mode by which you can have access to your memory card as a removable disk. It is easy to remove any kind of infection which is related to the pc infection which can be deleted by scanning it through updated antivirus.

You can do the one thing to remve it. Just dial *#7370# on your phone which will reset all your mobile's data and settings and also it will format your phone's memory, which will help you to delete this wiered folder from your phone. There is a default code for the same reset code i.e 12345 which is applicable to the formating code. Before performing it you need to make all the backup of your important files and data from your phone.

To prevent these kind of infection from your phone then you need to download and install any best and updated antivirus which are easily available on the internet. Most of the people they use Symantec and Kespersky 9.0 antivirus on their phone to avoid virus infection. You can also use an antivirus from these two and install it on your mobile form the official site which is available for free. This is the better way by which we can have ouor mobile prevented from the virus infection.