Thread: HP Pavilion dv6-2012AX freezes while playing games

HP Pavilion dv6-2012AX freezes while playing games

Hello there, I have recently bought a HP Pavilion dv6-2012AX laptop which is running on Windows 7 operating system. The laptop has a built in Nvidia Graphic card and has 1gb system memory. The problem which I am facing is HP Pavilion dv6-2012AX freezes while playing games. When I start Counter Strike on my laptop, the laptop freezes and then I have to restart it to bring it back to working state. I cant find out why this is happening and hence I need your help in solving the issue. Please help.

Re: HP Pavilion dv6-2012AX freezes while playing games

Probably the configuration of the computer is not good enough for playing games. If the configuration of the computer does not support the games then the system is bound to freeze as lot of resources of the system are used at the same time. The system hangs because the processor has to work hard to process the game as well as the basic processes of the operating system. If the processor is not able to execute the basic processes of the operating system then system will hang. Hence first check if the laptop supports gaming or not.

Counter strike is not supported by Windows 7 operating system and hence you are facing such problems while playing the game. Windows 7 does not support lot of games which are supported by Windows Xp. If the game is not supported by the operating system then the game will either not run at all or will give some problems while running the game. The list of the games which are supported by Windows 7 is available on the official Microsoft Website. Check if the game which you are trying to play is supported by the operating system or not. If the game is not supported then you will not be able to play the game.

Check if the display drivers are installed and working properly on the computer. All the devices which are installed on the computer require a set of drivers which are to be installed on the computer so that the device works properly. If the appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are installed and working properly on the computer, Right click on My computer and select Device manager. Highlight the display adapter and if there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If troubleshooting does not help, you can try update the drivers for the display adapter and see if it helps.

The system memory of the computer is very low to run Windows 7 operating system and game at the same time and hence the system is getting stuck. Upgrading the system memory of the laptop will solve the problem. If the system memory gets depleted due to running of many processes then system in bound to get stuck. Therefore try terminating all the unwanted processes which are running before starting the game and then see if the game is working properly. Also disable scheduled tasks of all the applications as the starting of scheduled task can also create such problems.

Try configuring the graphic card and then see if the problem still persists or not. Nvidia cards are configured to run high end graphics editing software. These settings created problems while running some games. Therefore configuring the graphic card again will solve the problem. Go to graphic properties and then click on Manage 3D settings. Disable Triple buffering, Anistropic filtering and Vertical sync and then save the settings. Once these settings are done, run the game and see if the game works properly or not.