Thread: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop wont boot

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop wont boot

I have Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop which is installed with Windows Xp operating system. I had gone out of country and hence I was not able to use the laptop. I returned few days back and after returning I am not able to start the laptop. Whenever I press the power button, all the LED's of the laptop glow but it does not boot. I cant figure out why my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop wont boot and hence need your help in solving the issue. Please help.

Re: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo laptop wont boot

The battery of the laptop seems to be out of charge and hence your laptop is not booting. Sometimes the battery of the laptop does not get charged even when the laptop is connected to the power source. If the battery of the laptop does not have enough charge then it will not be able to provide enough power to the laptop to boot. Therefore try charging the battery of the laptop by connecting it to AC power for atleast 3 to 4 hours and then check if the laptop is able to boot or not. When the battery of the laptop has enough power it will boot without any problems.

The battery on the motherboard is responsible for saving all the bios settings which are required for booting of the computer. As you have not used the laptop for too long, it is possible that the voltage of the battery must have been reduced due to which the laptop is not booting. Open the laptop and locate the battery on the motherboard. Check the voltage across the battery using a digital multimeter. The voltage of the battery should be between 2.5 to 3 volts. If the voltage of the battery is less than 2.5 volts then you will have to replace the battery of the motherboard in order to start the laptop.

If the computer is not able to access the system RAM then it will not boot. All the files which are required for the operating system to boot are first copied on the system RAM. If the system RAM is not accessible to computer then the files will not be copied to the RAM and hence the computer will not boot. Open the laptop and remove the RAM chips from their respective RAM slots. Clean the connecting terminals and then replace the RAM in its respective slots. If there are multiple chips then try booting the system by using one RAM chip at a time. If for a particular RAM chip if the system does not boot then discard the RAM chip as it may be faulty.
    Last edited by Theodot; 05-03-2010 at 01:15 PM.

All the functions of the computer are controlled by the motherboard. If the motherboard of the computer is faulty then the computer will not work properly. The main power board which is responsible for providing appropriate voltages to all the devices is also situated on the motherboard. Hence if the motherboard is faulty then the power bank will also not function properly and the laptop will not boot. Therefore I would suggest you to get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technician. If the motherboard is faulty then you will have to replace the motherboard.

Mostly all the laptops face the problem with residual charge. Residual charge gets stored in the laptop if the laptop is not used for a long time. If the residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips then the RAM chips become inaccessible and hence will create problem while booting the laptop. To remove the residual charge, shut down the laptop and disconnect it from the AC source. Remove the battery of the laptop and Press the power button of the laptop. Keep the button pressed for 30 seconds and then release the button. Replace the battery and check if the laptop boots or not.

What happens if the battery of Fujitsu Siemens AMILO is worn out? My laptop is not turning ON but if I put the adpter it shows that it is charging by the blinking light. SHOULD I BUY A NEW BATTERY?

The laptop must turn on with the adapter also. You much check the same properly. If that is not working then there is some issue with the laptop. Do this remove the batter connect the power adapter and turn the laptop on. If it works then the battery is gone and you will need a replacement and if the laptop does not turns on then you must show the same to some service center. There can be any major hardware issue.