Thread: Dell Inspiron 9300 wont boot

Dell Inspiron 9300 wont boot

Hello, I have this Dell Inspiron 9300 which I have been using for long time now. It is loaded with Windows Xp operating system. From few days my Dell 9300 inspiron wont boot. Whenever I try to power up the laptop by pressing the power button, all the LED's of the laptop glow but it does not boot. This happens everytime I press the power button. Is this some hardware failure? Please help.

Re: Dell Inspiron 9300 wont boot

The battery of the laptop must not be having enough charge on it due to which you are not able to start the computer. Sometimes the battery of the laptop does not get charged when it is connected to AC adapter. If the battery does not have enough charge then it wont be able to supply enough charge to the laptop to boot. Therefore try charging the battery for about 3 to 4 hours and then try to boot the laptop. Once the laptop has enough charge the laptop will boot without any problem.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

There is battery on the motherboard which is responsible to save all the BIOS settings which are required for the computer to boot. Open the laptop and locate the battery on the motherboard. Remove the battery and then check the voltage across the battery. The voltage across the battery should be between 2.5volts to 3 volts. If the voltage is less than 2.5 volts then the laptop will not boot and you will have to replace the battery of the laptop. Replacing the battery will solve the problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Most of the laptops face the problem with residual charge. Residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips of the laptop. If the voltage of the residual charge is more then the system will not be able to access the RAM and hence will not boot. To solve the problem you will have to discharge the residual charge from the laptop. To discharge the residual charge, shut down the laptop and remove the battery of the laptop. Press the power button and keep it pressed for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds release the button and let the laptop sit for a minute. Replace the battery and check if the laptop is booting.

Motherboard of the computer is responsible for all the functions that are performed by it. If the motherboard of the computer itself is faulty, then the computer will not work or will not boot at all. The main power bank which provided correct voltages to all the devices connected to the motherboard is also situated on the motherboard. If the motherboard is faulty then the power bank will not work properly. Therefore get the motherboard of the laptop checked and if there are any problems with the motherboard then get it replaced. Once the motherboard is replaced your problem will be solved.

I suspect that the RAM of the laptop has gone bad due to which you are not able to boot the computer. The files of the operating system which are required for booting are first copied on the RAM and then executed from there. If the RAM of the system is faulty then the files will not be copied and hence the system will not boot. Therefore open the laptop and remove the RAM chips from the respective slots. Clean the connecting terminal and replace them back in slots. If there are multiple RAM chips then try booting the laptop using single RAM chip at a time. If for any RAM chip the laptop does not boot then discard the chip as it may be faulty.