Thread: Memory card problem of Nokia 81 Mobile Phone

Memory card problem of Nokia 81 Mobile Phone

I am having the Nokia N81 Mobile phone and this mobile phone has the 2GB microSD memory card in it. I am facing the problem with memory card of Nokia 81 Mobile Phone. Well the problem is that, This memory card is not working properly. This memory cards capacity is shown 2GB in the mobile phone and when i connect it to the computer system then in computer it is shown only 1GB. I am not able to resolve this problem.

Re: Memory card problem of Nokia 81 Mobile Phone

You are having the Nokia N81 Mobile phone which has the 2GB microSD memory card in it and you are facing the problem with the memory card of this mobile phone. You are saying that the mobile phone reads it as the 2GB memory card and when you are connecting it to the computer system it is shown as the 1GB memory card. I think this is the problem of the computer system. Format the memory card by taking the backup of the data stored on it. After formatting this issue will be resolved.

First of all i want to know that from you, what is written on the memory card about the storage capacity. As you are saying this is the 2GB memory card and this is shown as the 1GB memory card when you are connecting it to the computer system. I want to know that which device you are using for connecting this memory card to the computer system. Are you using the USB cable of the mobile phone or the Card reader device. So provide this information as soon as possible.

I am using the External card reader device for connecting it to the computer system as the USB cable of my Nokia N81Mobile phone is not with me. It was damaged earlier and was not working. But this card reader was showing this memory card as 2GB earlier and suddenly some days back it started showing 1GB. But in the mobile phone it is shown as 2GB.

As you are saying, you are using the card reader device for connecting this memory card of your Nokia N81 mobile phone to computer system. I think this external memory card reader is not working properly. I will advice you to change this card reader device. If the same problem exists with the new card reader then i think the problem is related with the memory card of the mobile phone.

I think this memory card is corrupted or it is infected by the Virus. First scan this memory card properly for the virus delete the viruses from the memory card. But it will be better if you will format the memory card. If the issue is not resolved after formatting the memory card then this memory card is corrupted. You need to change the memory card of your Nokia N81 mobile phone.