Thread: Firmware update of the Nokia E71 mobile phone

Firmware update of the Nokia E71 mobile phone

Hello friends , i have the Nokia E series mobile phone and the model which i am using is Nokia E71 and this mobile phone is based on the Symbian S60 operating system. As the Nokia releases the updates of the operating system for all its S60 mobile phones, which is also called as the Firmware. I want to install the Firmware update of the Nokia E71 mobile phone. I want to know that how can i do it properly without any problem, as i have not done this before.

Re: Firmware update of the Nokia E71 mobile phone

You are having the Nokia E71 mobile phone and you want to update the firmware of this Nokia mobile phone. The word firmware is used for the updates of the improvement made for the operating system of the mobile phone. This is necessary for all the series 60 Nokia mobiles phones to keep the mobile upto date. The firmware updates removes the problems from the earlier version and overcome that along with some newer features.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You can upgrade to the newest released Firmware of the Nokia E71 Mobile phone. For updating to the latest Firmware you have to connect the Nokia E71 Mobile phone with the computer system by the USB cable provided with the mobile phone. But before doing this make sure that you have installed the Nokia PC-Suite or Nokia OVI-Suite in your computer system. Because without this software you cannot update the firmware of the mobile phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Connect the mobile phone properly to the computer using the USB cable and start the PC Suit or the OVI Suit in the computer. Select the software update and follow the instruction and complete the installation. If you are not having the PC Suit or OVI Suit then you can download it directly from the Nokia website. You can do this with the Bluetooth also if you are not having the USB cable of the mobile phone.

There is one more way is available by which you can update the firmware of your Nokia E71 mobile phone without any problem and it is less time consuming and easier that the first method provided that you should have the Wi-Fi connection at your place. As you know , this Nokia E71 has the WLAN. So, If you are having the wireless router at your place then you can update the firmware directly from the mobile without connecting to the computer using the WLAN. So connect mobile to the wireless network and select the software update option from the mobile phone. It will take less time to update as compared to the USB method.

Now it is depending on you to select the updating method for firmware update of the Nokia E71 mobile phone. I will advise you to go for the wireless firmware update method if you are having wireless internet network at your place because this method takes very less time to update the firmware. The Firmware will be updated within the 30 minutes time where as if you will go for the USB method or bluetooth method, It will take around 80-90 minutes for the same work.

please tell me that where is the software update option from where u have adviced to perform the update using wi-fi connection.....