Thread: Freezing problem of the Alienware M17 laptop

Freezing problem of the Alienware M17 laptop

I am having the Alienware M17 laptop and this laptop has the 64 bit Windows Vista operating system. This Alienware M17 laptop freezes randomly and the keyboard and the mouse does not work that time. I have one more operating system Windows XP 32 bit in this laptop and the laptop works just fine with that. I am not able to get the problem of this laptop.

Re: Freezing problem of the Alienware M17 laptop

You are having the Alienware M17 laptop and this laptop has two operating systems installed in it. Windows Vista 64 Bit and Windows XP 32 Bit. You are having problem with this laptop in the Windows Vista 64 Bit operating system. The keyboard and the mouse freezes randomly in Vista operating system. Whereas the laptop works properly in the Windows XP operating system. I think you have many processes at the startup of the laptop in the Windows Vista. So remove the Startup program other than required and this problem will be resolved.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I want to ask you that, you have installed the Windows Vista operating system in this laptop from the licensed copy of the installation disc. If not then may be the problem with the OS. I will recommend you to remove the pirated copy of the Windows Vista operating system and installed the licensed copy of the Windows Vista operating system. This will resolve the problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You are saying that this laptop is working with the Windows XP 32 Bit. So i will recommend you to install the Windows Vista 32 Bit or Windows 7 32 Bit version operating system in this laptop. I think the laptop is not able to handle the 64 Bit operating system and that is why you are facing this type of the issue with the laptop.

I think this is the issue related to the hard drive of the laptop on which you have installed the Windows Vista 64 Bit operating system. If this would be problem of the RAM and the processor then you would have not been able to install the 64 Bit operating system in this laptop. So it is clear that this is not the problem of the Processor or the memory of the laptop. I will recommend you to install the Windows Vista 64 Bit again by formatting the hard drive properly.

As this Alienware M17 laptop has the Intel Core 2 Duo processor and also the 2GB of the RAM memory. This processor also supports the 64 Bit operating systems then i will recommend you to install the Windows 7 64 Bit operating system rather the installing the Windows Vista 64 Bit operating system. But before installing the Windows 7 operating system make sure that there are driver software available of this laptop for windows 7 operating system.