Thread: Problems while using Ipod Classic 160gb

Problems while using Ipod Classic 160gb

Hi, I recently bought an Apple 160gb classic Ipod which I connect to desktop computer which is running on Windows 7. I am facing multiple problem with the Ipod since the day I have bought it. Sometimes the Ipod does not get detected by the computer. Some of the Mp3 songs are not recognized by the Ipod and hence are not synced and the performance of the Ipod is really slow. Is anybody else facing the same Problems while using Ipod Classic 160gb? Please suggest some solutions about the same.

Re: Problems while using Ipod Classic 160gb

AS the Ipod is not getting detected by the computer, I would suggest you to check the connecting cord of the Ipod first. The connecting cord of the Ipod is an USB cord. USB cord consist of lines of conductors which tend to get damage due to improper handling and storage. Therefore try connecting the ipod to the computer by using some different cord and then see if the Ipod gets detected or not. If changing the cord does not help then try and change the port on which the Ipod is connected.

Windows 7 has lot of compatibility issues with many devices. Due to this compatibility issue many of the devices do not work properly in Windows 7. You will have to install separate drivers for the Ipod on Windows 7 so that the Ipod works properly. Search for the drivers depending on the model and the operating system which you are using. Download and install the drivers and then see if the Ipod works properly or not. Installing appropriate drivers for the Ipod will solve the problem.

Which version of the Itunes you are using? I was also facing the same problems with my 80gb Ipod classic while connecting it to my computer. I searched for solution and finally found out that the problem is with the version of the Itunes I was using. Itunes 9.0 has some problems due to which sometimes the Ipod does not get detected. So if you are using Itunes 9.0 on your system to sync the Ipod, uninstall it and remove all the keys/files from the computer related to itunes. Download itunes 8.0 which is more stable than 9.0 and then check if the Ipod gets detected or not.

I think there is some problem with the Ipod which you are using. Ipod like any other device works on the operating system. This operating system is known as Firmware. Like any other software, the firmware of the Ipod can also get corrupt. If the firmware of the Ipod gets corrupt, then the Ipod will give some problems like the ones which you are facing. I would suggest you to take the Ipod to the nearest Apple service center and get the firmware of the Ipod upgraded. Once the firmware of the Ipod is upgraded, you will not face any problems with the Ipod unless it is a physical problem.

Try resetting the Ipod. Sometimes the operating system of the Ipod gets stuck due to which the performance of the Ipod suffers. To get the Ipod back in the working state, you will have to reset the Ipod. To reset the Ipod, press the menu and center click button together. Keep the buttons pressed till Grey apple logo is seen. Release the buttons as soon as the Apple logo is visible. Let the Ipod reboot. Once the Ipod reboots, connect it to the computer and then see if it gets detected. Once the Ipod gets detected, click on Restore button. Now the Ipod will be restored to factory settings. After restoring sync the Ipod and check the performance of the Ipod.