Thread: How to check storage capacity of a SIM Card

How to check storage capacity of a SIM Card

Hello friends, I am here to get the answer of my question. I want to know that , how can i find and see the storage capacity of the SIM card of my mobile phone. I want to know this because i have a mobile phone which does not has the much of the inbuilt storage capacity. I want to know that how many contacts and messages can be stored on the SIM card of my mobile phone.

Re: How to check storage capacity of a SIM Card

You want to know the storage capacity of the SIM card which you are using in your mobile phone because the mobile phone that you are using does not have the capacity to store many contacts and the text messages. So you want to store that on the SIM card of your mobile phone. However there SIM cards comes in the different storage sizes. The best way to check the storage capacity and the available free space on the SIM card from the messages and contacts itself.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The SIM cards comes in the three different storage capacities till now. The three types of SIM card storage capacities are 16K , 32K , and 64K. The 64K SIM card can store the maximum number of the contacts and the messages as compared to others. I think first of all you should check the SIM card that you are having and then reply back to us. After that we will be able to provide the proper answer to your query.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

AS you know there are three types of SIM cards according to their storage capacities till now. Which are 16K , 32K and 64K. The 16K storage capacity SIM card can store around 120-125 contacts in its memory and take upto the 10 characters for each contact names. If you are also having the 16K SIM card then you can store only the 120 contacts.

If you are having the 32K storage capacity SIM Card in your mobile phone then the 32K storage capacity SIM card can store around 250 contacts in its memory and take around the 16 characters for each contact names. If you are also having the 32K SIM card then you can store 250 contacts apart from the mobile phone memory usage.

If you are having the 64K storage capacity SIM Card in your mobile phone then the 64K storage capacity SIM card can store around 500 contacts in its memory and take around the 16 characters for each contact names. If you are also having the 64K SIM card then you can store 500 contacts apart from the mobile phone memory contacts storage capacity.
    Last edited by Simond; 03-03-2010 at 09:27 AM.