Thread: Error "No gateway reply" on my Nokia 5800

Error "No gateway reply" on my Nokia 5800

I have a computer at my home and recently i made my computer wi-fi enabled with using Edimax wifi usb adapter EW-7711 UMn. It works in Access Point mode and SoftAP-17 is shown as a available access point. I use my Nokia 5800 phone to connect it using wi-fi to my wifi enabled computer. But there is a problem in connecting, when i start web browsing in the phone using wifi connection i get an error message "No gateway reply". Please help me that why i am getting this error message.

Re: Error "No gateway reply" on my Nokia 5800

There are most of the times it happens when you try to connect to the internet using your Nokia 5800 mobile phone, you get an error message "NO GATEWAY REPLY" on your mobile screen. There are the most of the people who get the error message which is caused by WiFi problem or bugs in your 5800 phone. But it is clear that the error message is not caused by the reasons which are mentioned. If you want then you can check it out with your wifi settings in your computer.

You can check it out with the settings in your phone as mentioned below:
    Plese have a look on the settings.

1. Go to the menu by pressing on the menu button.
    2. Then go to the Settings then to the connectivity and to the destinations.
    3. After that select your access point and then add a new access point.
    4. You need to select yes when it asks for the Automatically check for available access points.
    5. After that you need to select the suitable WLAN network.
    6. When it ask for configure now then select no.
    7. Please enter your WEP key.
    8. Then go to the internet (in the destinations) and select your WLAN network.
    9. After that go in the advance setting.
    10. Select ipv4 and then enter the following values:
    11. Phone ip: 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.254
    12. Subnet mask
    13. Default gateway : this is your router’s address
    14. Dns address 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220
    15. Now check it out by connecting.

I think that it is something which is related to the setup of your company's WLAN or of your computers connection, it is possible that you need to go through a proxy server or something like that. If you know that there are any other security methods which takes in place i.e. it could be a non-company user that take a laptop to the office, which connect to the WLAN, and get out to the internet. So it is better to check with the settings in your computer when you try to connect it with the phone.

Do you have any idea of which security is on your wireless router, is it WEP, WPA etc. Most of the people they suffer this kind of problem and if you have it then you need to do some settings in your phone to avoid the problem which you are facing when you try to connect it with the computer uisng wi-fi.

You need to go to the Menu then to the Settings then Connectivity then Destinations and Select Destination with Access Point, you need to select Access Point and edit.

After that go in the Options then to the Advanced Settings and select IPv4 then Enter the manual IP Address Settings in it.

You can also try to enter the Proxy Server settings in Advanced Settings to aoivd the problem in the future.