Thread: Unable to format nokia n72 phone

Unable to format nokia n72 phone

Hello friends,
    I am using Nokia n72 mobile phone from the last six months, recently my phone was infected by the virus, after that my phone became very slow and the applications of my phone were not starting. To get rid from this virus i formatted my memory card through my phone and also through computer via memory card. But after doing that my phone was once again infected by the virus. Please help me i don't know what is going on with my phone.

Re: Unable to format nokia n72 phone

I have some information in relations to your query that you want to format your nokia n72 phone. You can try the following method that if useful in formating the phone memory of a nokia phone.

This method will completely format your phone, all the data on your phone will be lost, to aviod this you need to do the backup of your phone's data.

Step1: You need to switch off your phone.

Step2: You need to hold the following three buttons such as,
    1. "Green" button (calling or answer button)
    2. * button.
    3. '3' button.

Step3: When you hold these buttons, at that time press the power button and switch on the phone.

Step4: After that when the message of 'Formatting' appears on the screen, release all the three buttons.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

You can also format your phone memory with the following codes which are mostly used with the nokia phones.
    If you want to format your phone then please dial all these three formatting code in the phone.

• To do a full format of your phone then you need to type *#7370#.
    • If you want to reset all the software of your handset you need to type *#7780#.
    • For all the above formatting codes there is a default lock code "12345" which is a orginal code.

There is also one important thing before performing these codes in your mobile please do backup of your phone's data.
    Hope this should help you out with your problem.

There is important thing, i think you don't know that when your phone is infected by any kind of virus then you perform formatting of your phone and the memory card. There are steps which needs to be follow when you perform formatting your memory card. When you format your memory card then you need to remove your memory card from the phone and then format it with the help of your computer through card reader. After that format your phone memory without inserting your memory card. It is important that you format phone and memory card seperately. This could help you to avoid infection of virus again and again.

There is also another way by which you will no lose your phone's data. You need to do one thing, try to connect your mobile with your computer through pc suite. If you don't have then you can download it form the official site of nokia, then install it and try to connect your mobile, after that you need to download a antivirus which scans phone on the computer. By connecting you mobile try to scan it with the antivirus and if it finds any virus, delete it and your phone will be secured from the virus infection.