Thread: HP Pavilion ZD8000 Wont start

HP Pavilion ZD8000 Wont start

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion ZD8000 laptop which is working on Windows Xp. Last night I downloading some data from the Internet when suddenly the laptop shut itself down. After the laptop shut itself down, it wont start again. I tried to start the laptop several times but all the LED's only glow when I press the start button and nothing else happens. Can anybody explain why my HP Pavilion ZD8000 wont start? Any suggestions/solutions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: HP Pavilion ZD8000 Wont start

Sometimes the battery of the laptop does not get charged when AC adapter is attached. If such a situation occurs then the laptop will only work till there is enough power in the battery. Once the battery gets drained out then the laptop will not start. I suspect that the battery of the laptop must be out of charge and hence you are not able to start the laptop. Charge the battery for about 3 hours and then check if the laptop is booting. You can also try and connect the laptop to some other adapter which has same rating as that of your laptop.

Most of the laptops face the problem of residual charge. In laptops the residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips. If the value of the charge stored near the RAM chips increases then the system will not be able to access the RAM. If the system is not able to access the RAM it will not boot. Therefore try discharging the residual charge from the laptop and then see if the laptop is starting or not. Shut down the laptop and disconnect it from the AC power source. Remove the battery of the laptop and then press Power button for about 30 seconds. Release the button after 30 seconds and let the laptop sit for a minute. Now replace the battery and see if the laptop is starting or not.

By the description of the problem I think the internal components of the Laptop have got damaged due to overheating. As you have mentioned that the laptop was running when it shut down, it is possible that the laptop got overheated which caused some damage to the internal components of the laptop. Check if the cooling fan of the laptop is working properly or not. If the cooling fan does not start, then the laptop will not start either. Therefore get the laptop checked by some technician and then do the troubleshooting accordingly.

Open the laptop and then remove the RAM chips from their respective slots. If the ram chips have gone bad then the system will not be able to access the RAM and hence will not start. All the files which are required for the operating system to boot are first loaded in the RAM and then executed from there. If the system is not able to access the RAM, the required files will not be loaded and hence the operating system will not boot. Remove the RAM and clean the connecting terminals. Once cleaned, replace the RAM in its respective slots. If there are multiple RAM chips then try to boot the laptop by connecting one chip at a time.

All the functions of the computer are controlled by the motherboard. If the motherboard of the computer itself is faulty then the computer will not work properly. Therefore get the motherboard of the laptop checked by some technician. If there is some problem with the motherboard then you will have to replace the motherboard. Once the motherboard is replaced, you will not face the same problem again.