Thread: Nokia 5530 switch off when making a call

Nokia 5530 switch off when making a call

Hello to all,
    I have this problem form last week. When I tried to make any call or when I receive call, my mobile hangs and I have to wait for few seconds to come back to normal position. I don't know what happened to my mobile. I don't know why my Nokia 5530 switch off when making a call. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.

Re: Nokia 5530 switch off when making a call

From your information it seems that your mobile's software get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile with new firmware to fix this problem. You can do this in following ways.
    First unlock your mobile -> now type *#0000# and look out for new update -> if new update is available then download and installed it in your mobile.

I think there is some problem in your mobile's SIM card. It may get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to replace your SIM card to fix this problem. Just try use another SIM card, if it works in your mobile then it means that your old SIM card is faulty. In this case just replace your old SIM card with new one to fix this problem.

You have to perform Hard reset process to fix this problem. Most of the people face such type of problem and they are bale to fix this problem by performing this process. If you don't know how to do this then use following steps.
    First switch off your mobile -> now press "*" + "3" + End key and power on key until your mobile turn on. After this you will not get any problem.

I also had the same problem. I tried various method but none of them worked out. I reset my mobile, I restore my mobile but nothing works. Then I repair my mobile and after this I don't have any problem. I think you have to repair your mobile to fix this problem. Just contact your nearest nokia service center to repair.

Down Re: Nokia 5530 switch off when making a call

hi dude.. i'm usng 5530 having same switch off when making call problem. i fond out where the problem is.. the problem is with the sensor of the mobile which is located on top of mobile.. just above the Xpressmusic sticker. (At the top of the Screen is a very well hidden Light Sensor)
    IF YOU COVER THIS AREA PHONE WILL TURN BLACK and BLANK..
    I know that you can make call in 2 ways. 1). While calling immediately put Loudspeaker , it will work ine till call ends in loud speaker. 2). using blue tooth headphone or normal headphone. (but you dont disconnect the call in headset. you can disconnect the call by pressing RED button in mobile). but still i'm unable to change the sensor of the 5530, so you try that first.. Changing the Sensor will be the best way. if i'm right , plz contact me ...

I think the problem which you people are facing is a firmware issue and there is no hardware issue involved in it. The best solution would be to update the firmware on the phone and then check if you are facing the same problem or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MAHAH View Post
    Hello to all,
    I have this problem form last week. When I tried to make any call or when I receive call, my mobile hangs and I have to wait for few seconds to come back to normal position. I don't know what happened to my mobile. I don't know why my Nokia 5530 switch off when making a call. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    hey i can help u add me at msn or skype and i can help u 100%

msn[l.ani_16@live.com] [ skype [lani941]