Thread: Unlocking SD Memory card with Cannon camera

Unlocking SD Memory card with Cannon camera

I am using Cannon camera and when I click to take the picture it doesn't saved automatically And occurring some memory related problem but I didn't perform anything like that.I though I should Reinsert my memory chip and I did it but as just I inserted the card It says the cards are locked .
    I have two cards as same which is recently brought by me. I am not getting what is the problem.

Unlocking SD Memory card

The cards are not in the position to save your data,because I think your card is not inserted properly.You need to insert your card in the way in which it should be.

Just switch off your camera and and insert your card properly followed by given slot.Now start your camera and try to get enter in the memory.To test this just take one more picture and make sure The pictures are being saved or not.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You need to insert the card again and if it occur some error regarding the Locking position and all then you need to take out your card from the camera .

The card has a lock and unlock button in the left side,It's depends on you which type of card you are using.its like shutter and you can put down the button to unlock the memory.I think no any internal problem should be arises with it.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

If you don't have any manual problem then you can need to connect your card with computer and Just check the accessibility there,If your computer is able to found the memory then its right.

And check then some operation like copy and paste on the drive and make sure the windows or card allows to do it.Which factor of the system is occurring the error.If the computer is not detecting the device then you have to search the device using device manager and other hardware manager utility Provided by the system.

If the drive is not accessible to do any operation like copy and paste and you can't find the error.
    You need to format the Memory device.

May be some risk or threat entered in your memory chip.In this case,you have to format the memory

To format the memory card :
    1- Connect the card to computer system using cables or whatever hardware availability you have.
    2- Wait until the computer detects the connected device.
    3- Just make a right click without any before operation and choose format option.
    4- The format wizard would be appeared and choose quick format.
    5- Close all the task on windows before this operation and wait until you got a message.

Just disconnect the device from computer system and insert it into camera and try to access it.

Formatting SD Memory card through command mode

Formatting SD Memory card

If you are getting the problem to format the drive then you can use another way to format the SD memory.
    The member above suggested you just follow the same procedure but don't use graphical utilities You can format your memory from the terminal of windows-

• Open the RUN from START menu
    • Type COMMAND and choose the memory location
    • And Type the <name of drive> :
    • The location of the memory would be selected
    • Now enter the FORMAT command and wait till 100% not completes.