Thread: How to update the Nexus one Manually

How to update the Nexus one Manually

Hi,
    I have a Nexus One phone. I want to learn how to update the phone manually instead of going online. This is why sometime my internet on the phone does not work and gives out slow speed. The new updates can help me out to use my phone much easier. I need entire steps with the causes that effect the phone after the manual updates. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to update the Nexus one Manually

Many times it happens that we cannot wait for the OTA update Google on the Nexus One, here is the manipulation done manually and takes less than 10 minutes. You will just have to download the update files from Google. Then move the same file in the SD card and reboot your phone. From that you will have to Bootloader > recovery after that follow the onscreen instruction.

That right you can update your Nexus One phone manually with some simple steps for that you have to first get the updates from Google. The files are in zip format. Copy the file Update.zip in your microSD card and turn off the phone. On your Nexus One off, let seconded the trackball down and press the power button. Your terminal will start with a blank screen and 3 robots Android on their skateboard. Select Bootloader > Recovery. Your device restarts, an image of the robot Android will then appear with an exclamation point in a triangle. Now press the button to increase the volume button and walk off together. Now select Apply sdcard: Update.zip and let the procedure is complete. After several reboots your device will be updated and you multi-touch

You have to take care proper to run the updates because sometime it is not found in the phone. As you copy the updates to SD card, switch the phone off and insert the card. Ensure that you have pressed the know when you turn on the phone other wise you will not be able to get the Bootloader screen from where you have to move on Recovery.

I was facing issue with the phone. I have a 3G Nexus One which was creating issue on the T-Mobile network. But for that Google has given a update including the deployment mode Over The Air has already started which provides a number of improvements and fixes. I had applied those updates by the default method instead of a manual update. Now things are working fine.

The manual update is very easy here. Just go on Google and search for the most current update. Download it and save that on your phones SD card. Insert the card and then reboot by pressing the know to get bootloader screen. After this you have to choose Recovery and show out the location for the updates stored on the memory card. Then only the updates will work.