Thread: Unable to use nokia n73 as mass storage

Unable to use nokia n73 as mass storage

Hi friends,
    I am using my "Nokia n73" mobile phone from the last few months and it is great to use. I use it regularly with my computer for the data transfer, but one day when i connected my phone to the computer and tried to open it in the mass storage mode, i was unable to open it. I got a message saying that "system not ready try later". Can anyone help me to solve my problem as i need the solution urgently because some pictures of my party is to be stored in my computer, I don't know what to do.

Re: Unable to use nokia n73 as mass storage

You need to change the memory setting in "Messaging settings first”.
    After you have configured in you mobile to use Mini SD memory card as storage for the messaging application, then you have to reset the setting back to the phone memory and after that retry the mass storage mode after some time.
    Follow the method:
    1. You need to click on the menu button to access menu of your phone and then go to messaging.
    2. In Messaging, go to the options menu and then in the settings menu.
    3. In the settings, directly go to the "Other" option.
    4. In that go to the memory in use and you can change the messaging storage form memory card to phone memory, after that press OK button to save the change.

You can one more time do the setting to set the default connection type as mass storage. To do this you need to click on the menu key, then to the Tools option and to Data Cable. In the Data Cable option, you need to cross check that the Data Cable Mode is set to Mass Storage or Ask On Connection. After that connect your phone to the computer via USB cable. The phone will prompt you to select the mode of connection if the Data Cable Mode is set to “Ask On Connection”. It is extremely useful for the transfer of the file from the computer to the phone without using pc suite.

If the problem persist then you need to restart your mobile and then try to connect your mobile to the computer through using the option of mass storage, if the problem doesn't solve then you need to format your memory card and try to scan your computer with the updated antivirus. If you computer is not infected with a virus then you can reconnect your mobile with formatted memory card and then you can be able to access your memory card as a mass storage.

If you are not able to use your phone in the mass storage mode then you can do one thing that try to install a pc suite for your mobile which can be installed from the cd which we get in the of the mobile when we buy it. Just take that cd and put it in your computer and install oc suite driver for your mobile, after that try to connect your mobile with the computer thruogh pc suite, if you are able to use then i think your problem is solved.