Thread: Memory error in Nokia 5130

Memory error in Nokia 5130

Hi friends,
    There was a virus problem in my mobile and to get rid from it i restore all the factory settings of my phone, but after doing that my memory card has been automatically protected by password and also my phone memory got reduced. Now I am not able to play music and games as i get a error message saying that "not enough memory to perform please delete some data". Because of this i can't even save my sms messages on my phone as there is not enough free space available on the phone. I don't know what is going on with my phone, please suggest me a good solution for my problem.

Re: Memory error in Nokia 5130

The memory error with nokia phone is most common error with most of the people, but as you said that you have done the factory setting in your phone, but you face the same kind of problem. I think you need to check whether the music files which you are running in your phone with music player is in the right format. If the format of the files are in correct format, then there may be an error while trying to update you phone's firmwares. I would suggest you to please do the updation one more time, hence to avoid the problem from your phone.

If you want then you can check out the free space which is available on your memory card and in your phone. It might be the reason that if there are too many files present on your memory card which is inserted in your phone, then it will take time to load and if there is no space available then it doesn't open at all. You can do the confirmation by cahecking it and if no enough space is present on it then please do some free space by deleting some unwanted files and applications. It is possible that there may be some unused applications which sould be causing the problem, remove them and see if it works properly.

If you want then you can do the updation of your phone's software by going online through your phone or you can just check it out that is there is any need for the software updation in your mobile phone. As nokia offers you the updation of your phone's software by provideing you the popup of updation in your mobile if required. As you have said that you have done the factory setting of your phone you can also try one more time by doing the factory setting in the phone.

You need to format your memory card and your phone seperately, to do this you need to remove your memory card from your phone and try to format it through the computer by inserting it in the memory card reader. After that when the memory card is formated then you need ot format you phone memory by *7370# and put the default code 12345 if it ask you, then insert your memory card in your phone and format the memory card on more time through your phone form the memory card option in the phone after that you can see by playing music files.

The simple way is that if your phone is not responding or not working properly then you need to contact to the nearest nokia service centre. If your mobile is in warranty period then it is well and good, you can go to the service centre and tell them your problem they will confirm provide you the solution. They will fix your problem and if you want then you can also do with your own by restoring your phone in order to work properly.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"