Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Acer Aspire 6920G overheating problem

Portable Devices

Old 25-02-2010

Acer Aspire 6920G overheating problem

Recently i have upgraded my system to Windows 7 from windows Vista. All was going well till yesterday when my laptop started getting overheated. It never use to happen with windows Vista. Hence i am not very much certain about the problem. can anobody help me to get rid of this overheating problem. Thanks in Advance !!!

Last edited by Camdean : 25-02-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Old 25-02-2010

Re: Acer Aspire 6920G overheating problem

Since you have not mentioned the configuration of your laptop i cannot tell you about the problem precisely but it may be because your system may not possess the resources which is required by windows 7 operating system and hence it would be better if you try to post the laptop configuration in your further posts.
Old 25-02-2010

Thanks for the reply as i posted my earlier reply in some hurry i forgot to post the details about the laptop configuration. my laptop is having 2 GB of RAM and 160 GB hard disk 15'' inch LCD screen which is enough according to me for running the windows 7 operating system. I hope you will send some better solution soon.
Old 25-02-2010

May be your laptop must got have infected by a virus or some malicious object and hence i would recommend you to download a suitable antivirus program and get it installed on your machine. I am using the AVG 9 on my system you too can use it. I have also provided the link to download the AVG 9 antivirus follow it
Old 25-02-2010

The system configuration which you stated above is more than enough to run windows 7 operating system. Since 2 GB RAM is almost enough to run dual windows 7 on a particular system. But if you are facing similar problem then try to check the dust on the heat sink , open bottom access penal remove heatsink fan and try to clear dust from fan and the heat sink
Old 25-02-2010

Try to check the dust on the heat sink if possible try to clean it by your self or take help from an expert or follow one of the link below

1. How to clean the heatsink on toshiba satellite p105-s921
2. Clean heatsink of Toshiba satellite p105

If you face this problem after cleaning the heat sink too then i would suggest you to take your laptop to the service center and get it checked.
Old 26-12-2010
h4141

Acer Aspire 6920G Windows Vista (32 And 64Bit) Driver download reinstall all drivers. and Cleaning the fans

Last edited by Maqbool : 27-12-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.
Old 21-02-2012

OMFG Re: Acer Aspire 6920G overheating problem

I haven't done anything different to my laptop but I know how hot it is getting and my daughter confirmed at the weekend that it was far too hot. It is just closing itself down at will.

A colleague has told me to take the back off and clear out the dust before taking in for costly repairs.

Please is this advisable or easy because out of my scope of knowledge?

Thanks
Old 21-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneylady View Post
I haven't done anything different to my laptop but I know how hot it is getting and my daughter confirmed at the weekend that it was far too hot. It is just closing itself down at will.

A colleague has told me to take the back off and clear out the dust before taking in for costly repairs.

Please is this advisable or easy because out of my scope of knowledge?
Can you tell us how much hot it is getting by testing the temp on the laptop with a software called Real Temp which is a temperature monitoring program. It is always advisable to first clear all the dust from inside and also check the fans are running properly. You will have to properly disassemble the laptop for that purpose and for same you can check out some videos on youtube on how to do such things.
Old 22-02-2012

ThumbsUp Re: Acer Aspire 6920G overheating problem

Thank you for your reply. Friends have said it is easy to take apart and clean but I am not going to do that myself as I am not confident. I will have to take it into a repair place to get it sorted out.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,