Thread: Unable to format Philips GoGear mp3 player

Unable to format Philips GoGear mp3 player

Hello friends,
    I have one Philips GoGear (1GB) mp3 player which is 1 years old. It is working fine until last week. Before 6-7 days ago I had use my Philips GoGear (1GB) mp3 player as bootable XP drive. It works fine as bootable XP drive. After that when I tried to format it for inserting mp3, it gives "The drive needs to be formatted before using" message. When I tried to format it, I get "Windows was unable to complete the format" message. I don't know why I unable to format Philips GoGear mp3 player. Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: Unable to format Philips GoGear mp3 player

You have to use following steps to fix this problem.
    You have to connect your mp3 player to computer for repairing your device with Device Manager -> First Launch the Philips Device Manager at Start -> now go to programs -> Now select Philips Digital Audio Player -> now select SA29XX -> now select Philips SA29XX Device Manager from your PC -> now connect your mp3 player to the PC -> now Device Manager should recognize your player and automatically goes into recovery mode -> now follow the instruction given by the Device Manager to proceed -> After the player has been repaired, click OK -> now disconnect mp3 player from your PC -> now your player is ready for use again after restart.

Hey it is very simple to format your Philips GoGear mp3 player. You have to just use following steps to do this. Most of the people use theses steps to fix this problem.
    First right click on "My computer" button -> now select "Manage" option -> now select disk management option -> now look put for your Philips GoGear mp3 player -> just right click on it and select format.

From your information it seems that your mp3 player's software is get corrupted or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade you mp3 player to fix this problem. You have to download new firmware in your mp3 player to fix this problem. If you want to download new firmware for your mp3 player then click here.

If you are unable to format your mp3 player, then you have to use SDFormatter application to format your mp3 player. It is one of the most popular software for formatting all types of removable disk. It is very small in size. This is only 1.3mb in size. It works on all types of Operating System like XP, vista. It is very easy to install and use. If you want to download this software then go to there official site.