Thread: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Laptop and Black screen

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Laptop and Black screen

Hello,

I have a problem with my Laptop. It is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo ... 3 years old model I think. When I switch it on, I hear the fan setting off but nothing works. That black screen and keyboard inactive. The hard drive works properly (tested on another pc laptop), there is no beep at startup ...

In your opinion, where is the fault? The motherboard? Thank you for your responses.

Re: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Laptop and Black screen

Several sets of Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 2005 to 2007 had design problems with overheating of the motherboard and graphics card. I had exactly the same problem. You're lucky it worked without any issues for 3 years!

Try on the on the Fujitsu Siemens site and read what is written for your model.

I had the same problem with a hp pavilion 2008. Many laptops Fujitsu Siemens Amilio equipped graphics card Nvidia Geforce 7600 have experienced the same problem is a defect that also affects machines hp pavilion. these machines are poorly causing overheating of the graphics chip and its failure.

So for your case if the fan in your laptop often has turned full throttle, it is very likely that your graphics chip has the faulty, since it is integrated into the motherboard is all that latter must be replaced. Hoping that it is not the case I recommend you to seek advice and quotations from at least two different repairmen.

This is certainly a power problem that can not display, it may be too (I do not want you) in trouble with the graphics card and in both cases show a good technician. After 3 years it happens, as the laptop parts are given for 1 year of additional warranty, and after the third year must be changed, probably the motherboard.

I had the same problem with a Toshiba laptop purchased in 2001, just a year later. The support service by phone is super-nil as they advised me to reformat and apart from that no other board and they charge very expensive, 34 cents a minute and you are wasting time with unnecessary questions.

The problem of the black screen is that it can come from many things. RAM, modem, WiFi card, hard drive, graphics card, the screen, the water that rereading the screen to the motherboard and sometimes even the dvd player.

A solution against the black screen found on the net is ti Reset your Laptop. Remove the battery, unplug the power supply, support at least 10 seconds on the power button, replace the battery, reconnect the area, press the power button.