Thread: Nokia 6280 does not detect SIM card

Nokia 6280 does not detect SIM card

Hello to all,
    I have Nokia 6280 which is 6months old. I recently come form dubai. When I tried to insert SIM card of Airtel in it, my mobile gives message "run phone without SIM card?" I don't know why Nokia 6280 does not detect SIM card . Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me.
    Thank you.

Re: Nokia 6280 does not detect SIM card

From your information it seems that there is some problem in your SIM card. It may become damaged and that's why you are getting such type for problem. In this case you have to try another SIM card in your mobile. If you didn't get any error in that old SIM card then it means that your old SIM card is faulty one. Just contact your Airtel service center for new SIM card.

Hey it is normal problem and you can overcome this problem. This is happened because your SIM card is cover with small dust particle and that's why your mobile doesn't recognize that SIM card. In this case you have to clean that SIM card to fix this problem. Just take clean cloth and smoothly remove dust from SIM card. Now try to insert into your mobile.

It seems that there is some software related issue. Your mobile's software may get affected or get damaged and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to upgrade your mobile to fix this problem. Just connect your mobile to computer using Nokia PC suite and look out for new update. If new update is available then download and install it in your mobile.

I also had the same problem. I tried various method but none of them worked out. I restart my mobile, I reset my mobile but none of the worked. Then one of my friend said me to repair my mobile. After repairing my my mobile, now I don't have any problem. I think you also repair your mobile to fix this problem. Just contact your nearest nokia service center to fix this problem.