Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-02-2010

MP3 player works fine with XP but not with vista

Hiya mates

Kinda new to this site...this is my first thread =]

I came across my old mp3 player which is sony..i don't know what its model or make is...but it worked fine on windows XP where upon connecting it, it was detected as a USB flash drive and i was able to put in music as you would do to a normal flash driver...
Upon changing OS on PC to vista and Laptop to Win 7, upon connecting, the device doesn't get recognised as a USB flash drive as it would on XP...

I have tried all possible things on the internet but nothing seems to work

Any help =] ?

Thanx in advance

P.S i tried it again on my neighbour's OS which is XP to make sure its still working and it works perfectly well...I think this is something to do with drivers for this not being available on Windows 7 or vista
Old 22-02-2010

Re: MP3 player works fine with XP but not with vista

Yes all the devices which are connected to the computer require proper drivers to be installed on the computer so that the device works properly. Download the appropriate drivers for the mp3 player which you are using which is supported by Windows Vista. Once the drivers are installed you will not have any errors while connecting the mp3 player to the computer.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,