Thread: iPhone vs Netbook comparison

iPhone vs Netbook comparison

Hi,

I have to spend hours per day in travel and meetings, and without access to the Internet with "big" computer, I realized that the iPhone copes well as quite good internet computer. And if before I had any thoughts on that netbook can somehow be useful to me, after yesterday I have only strengthened the idea that netbook I do not need, while the iPhone it a perfect substitute. What you say about iPhone and Netbook comparison ? Which suits you ???

Re: iPhone vs Netbook comparison

In fact, if you use a netbook for their Internet needs, you will have to carry yet another device to make voice calls (VoIP calls do not count). In addition, if you want to listen to music, such as plug headphones into netbook and listen to music with him on the move is not very convenient. And the issue of batteries is also relevant, by the way - the iPhone's battery is enough for 1-2 days full of work, whereas netbooks figure limited to a few hours.

By the way, while traveling by air - it is a separate, large, and perhaps the most important issue, why netbook, in my opinion, use iPhone. Form Factor iPhone allows you to use them virtually anywhere - whether it be train, plane or even on the move. With one hand you hold the phone, you can even type a response by SMS or email, view web page, etc. (while listening to music).

Netbook provides that you are working on it with both hands simultaneously, while highly desirable, so it need some support like (knees, table, or something like that) that it can be placed on them. Accordingly, read e-mail on the go with netbook uncomfortable than the iPhone. Typing with a large physical keyboard - it is more convenient to netbook, certainly, but with the release of iPhone 3.0 and the emergence of the possibility of a reversal of the horizontal keyboard on the iPhone can be quite comfortable to type text with two fingers, which greatly accelerates the process.

Well, in general, iPhone works as a communicator, wherever there is GSM (or 3G), whereas the majority of netbooks require WiFi. Of course, there is a netbook with built-in GSM / WiMAX modems, but it is often the prerogative of the more expensive models, while with iphone we can make calls and work on the move at least - very uncomfortably.