Thread: FORMAT FAILED Error with Micro SD card

FORMAT FAILED Error with Micro SD card

Hello all ,

I am in big trouble to loss my data in the Micro SD memory card,I bought a new mobile phone and insert the card into that,It gives some message to format the memory like "format memory card" and at loose I tried at that time but after that It comes with a new message "Format failed ".I had another mobile phone which is old ,the card was bought with that and never occur any error like this.What may be the problem and I don't want to format my data in the memory card so please help me how to use this card in new mobile phone.

Thanks .

FORMAT FAILED Error with Micro SD card

The error that you facing right now within your memory card and what ever problem you putted here,one of the friend of mine has also the same.

He replaced his memory card after this error but you need not worry,you should try this card again on your old phone to make sure that your memory card is working or not.

If your card is detected then you need to check the functionality on the memory means make some changes in the memory like copy some files and delete now again copy different files.The troubleshooting you need to perform and need to conduct the related test to view the functionality of memory card.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Compatibility causing error with Micro SD card

Compatibility causing error

As the Bon-Z suggested,If you tried it on your old phone and getting access to all this then you need to simply understand the compatibility causing error.

The New Phone that you bought may be not supported to use this card check the list of manuals of your newer mobile phone,The name of the card in the list would not be appeared anywhere and may be your phone can't carry the capability of this card but It should not be with new phone.

You need to contact with the manufacturer of the phone and tell him the supported memory cards or you can search it on the internet to visit the site of your manufacturer company.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

FORMATTING Micro SD card

FORMATTING Micro SD card :

Before doing anything,You need to test it on the computer system within the data card.The card reader made enable you to insert without connecting with phone .

Follow the steps to perform this test :

1- Take a card reader and Insert the memory card.
    2- Connect with your USB port and wait to detect it .
    3- If it is finding the device then perform the copy and paste the existing files.
    4- If the files are being copied and paste successfully,Then you can get this point,your memory card is not compatible with your new mobile phone.
    5- If copying is taking so much time then your memory has been corrupted and need to replace .

FORMAT Micro SD card

FORMAT Micro SD card

To format the memory card to be reused,you can format the memory card in this way :

• Stay connected with your card reader and let it detect by the system.
    • Choose the format option after right click.
    • A format wizard would be appeared in the front and choose quick format.
    • After choosing Quick format,the processing will take several minutes .

Now disconnect it with your system and insert into the mobile phone and try to use it again.

The Micro SD card

About Micro SD card

The Micro SD card is the smallest memory card which is used commercially in the specified size,It takes [15 mm × 11 mm × 1 mm] near about the size of a fingernail and it is quarter part size of an SD card.An adapters is being used to contact with a microSD card and devices.

The manufacturer decide the exact power consumption for microSD cards but normally it comes into the range of 20-100 mA at a supply voltage of 3.3 V.