Thread: Want gprs setting for nokia 7310

Want gprs setting for nokia 7310

Hi friends,
    I came to know that airtel has launched a great gprs subscription, so i really wanted to activate the gprs setting gor my mobile phone i.e "Nokia 7310". I want the whole procedure of the airtel gprs including the activation and the gprs setting. I am not able to contact customer care from my phone as it is barred for some reason. So, i really need the activation procedure and the setting for the gprs. I am desperately need to have gprs activated on my mobile phone as airtel provides the best net speed compared to others.

Re: Want gprs setting for nokia 7310

No need to worry if you want to activate gprs on your mobile phone then simply go to the message option and select new message and type “GPRSACT” and snd it to the 511 which is a toll free number. It will be activated within 24 hours. After activation you will get the settings automatically and after activating it you can browse for the net. If you want to deactivate then type “GPRSDEACT” and send it to the 511 toll free number.

Manual setting for Airtel GPRS for your mobile. To set this setting you need to go to the menu of your phone and then to the settings option and then to connections where you will find the access point name. To type this settings select new new connection from the option and type the following setting:

Connection name: Mobile office
    Data bearer: gprs or packet data
    Access Point Name: airtelgprs.com
    Username: blank
    Password: blank
    Authentication: normal

Then in the option go to the advanced setting and type
    Proxy server address: 100.1.200.99
    Proxy port number: 8080

If you want the settings for the airtel live then here is the manual setting for othis the aitellive setting. To do this you need to go in the menu and directly go to the settings where you will find the connectiong setings go in that and select new connection type and edit it.

Account Name: Airtel live
    Homepage: live.airtelworld.com
    Username: Blank
    Password: Blank
    Proxy: Enabled/yes
    Proxy and Server Adress: 100.1.200.99
    Accespoint Name: airtelfun.com
    Proxy and Server Port: 8080
    Data bearer: GPRS/ Packet Data
    Authentication Type: Normal

If you want the correct gprs setting then you have to check it on the official site of the operator which you are using currently. Otherwise you can get the settings from the other nokia mobile handset which might your friends using. If thry are uisng gprs on their mobile phone, you can do the settings according to the settings in the friends mobile. You can check all the settings and type them in the specific place where it needs. This way you can get the exact gprs setting for your phone.