Thread: Kodak Digital camera is not recognized by windows 7

Kodak Digital camera is not recognized by windows 7

Hi,

I have a KODAK Z981 Digital Camera. Recently I have installed windows 7 on my pc . The problem is that When I connect my Digital camera to the computer, nothing happens. It does not show any connectivity. What may be the problem ??? Can you tell me why my Kodak Digital camera is not recognized by windows 7 ?? Do I need to install extra drivers or something ???

re: Kodak Digital camera is not recognized by windows 7

If your Digital camera is not recognized by your computer for the first time, it is likely that your camera needs a special driver to copy the images. This driver is generally available on the website of the manufacturer of the camera or on the disk that came with your hardware. Install the driver and retry the operation.

You can also try to address the problem via the utility troubleshooting hardware and peripherals. The latter looks for common problems, and ensures that new devices and new hardware connected to the computer have been correctly installed. Make sure your camera is turned on. See if your camera uses a special connection mode.

Try to troubleshoot it, open Troubleshooting hardware and peripherals, click the button Start , Then Control Panel. In the Search box, type Utility Troubleshooter. Then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, Click Configure Device. If you are asked for an administrator password or confirmation, provide the password or confirmation.

If you have previously managed to copy images from your camera, it is possible that the USB port of your computer no longer works. Try connecting the camera to another USB port. If this does not work, restart your computer and start again. It is possible that the memory card was accidentally erased or is damaged. There are programs to recover images that have been lost.

You may need to install the software provided by the manufacturer of your camera, especially if your camera has a few years. Locate the driver with the latest software on the manufacturer's website. Also Verify that the Flash memory card is inserted into the camera. If your camera uses a flash memory card, consider connecting a memory card reader to your computer. You can copy images onto your computer without draining the battery in your camera, you worry about connection cables or install additional software.