Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-02-2010

F5 key problem in dell laptop after installing windows 7

I am using a dell inspiron 1525 laptop i have upgraded the windows Vista to windows 7 operating system. After the upgradation i started getting the problem. The problem here is that whenever i press the F5 key then it function as i have pressed the 'Alt + Tab' key which is used to switch between the opened application. please help me to get rid of this F5 key problem with my dell laptop
Old 19-02-2010

Re: F5 key problem in dell laptop after installing windows 7

It seems as you have not installed the drivers properly after the upgradation of the operating system and hence your laptop keyboard is not functioning some what properly so it is recommended that you install the required drivers properly so that the keyboard keys start functioning properly and this should resolve your issue.
Old 19-02-2010

Sounds like the keyboard keys are not functioning properly and hence i think that the laptop keyboard may be the culprit so i would recommend you to take your laptop to the service center and get the keyboard checked there whether it is working properly or Otherwise get it repaired there. hopefully this would have resolved your issue.
Old 19-02-2010

I think that the F5 key should function like the F5 key only. This might be due to a combination of two keys with the F5 key. Basically the F5 key is made to function as the refresher key or the reloader key. i would recommend you to test the key to be sure it is working correctly try to use a different key board and see if it also function similarly.
Old 19-02-2010

The F5 key is not functioning as it should because the drivers of the laptop either have got corrupted or they may have not been installed the properly. So first of all try to install the drivers properly once again if this does not solve the problem then you should try to install the drivers online.
Old 19-02-2010

Was the laptop keyboard keys including the F5 key functioning properly with windows Vista if the answer to this question is yes then the solution is to upgrade the drivers once again because if the drivers are not installed correctly then the keys start functioning awkwardly like in your case so update your drivers.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,