Thread: Not able to sync songs and videos to iPod Classic 160gb

Not able to sync songs and videos to iPod Classic 160gb

Hello there, I have an Ipod classic 160gb which was really working fine till now. Last night I was syncing some new music and videos to the Ipod and I accidentally disconnected the Ipod while it was syncing and now whenever I try to sync new files to the Ipod the Itune's displays that there is something wrong with the Ipod and it cannot be synced. I cannot figure out what is causing the problem. So if anybody else is Not able to sync songs and videos to iPod Classic 160gb then please share some information which might help me in solving the problem. For additional information the operating system on the computer is Windows Xp and the Itune's version is 9. Any suggestions regarding the problem are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Not able to sync songs and videos to iPod Classic 160gb

Sudden disconnection of the Ipod from the computer while synchronizing must have caused certain files of the Itune's to corrupt. All the applications have many files associated to it. If any of the files associated to the application gets corrupt then the application will not work properly. You will have to remove the current installed version of the Itunes and then reinstall it again. Before removing the Itunes from the system, save the Itunes library on the hard drive. Once the library is saved, uninstall the application and remove all the files and keys which are related to the application from the computer. Once all the traces of the applications are removed, reinstall the application and see if you are able to synchronize the Ipod or not.

As the itunes was syncing data on the Ipod when you disconnected it, it is possible that the Ipod must have developed certain bad sectors on it. Like all other storage devices, Ipod also has an internal hard drive which can get corrupt due sudden power surges. Connect the Ipod to the computer and then format the Ipod. Once the Ipod is formatted all the bad sectors which are developed due to sudden disconnection will be removed. After formatting the Ipod, try and sync the Ipod using Itunes.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Try resetting the Ipod and see if you are able to sync new songs and videos to the Ipod. Ipod also has an operating system which helps it in managing and playing songs/videos. Like any other software the operating system of the Ipod can also get stuck. If such a situation occurs, then the Ipod will need to be resetted. To reset the Ipod, remove the Ipod from hold. Press and hold the menu and center click button together. Keep this buttons pressed till the apple logo is visible on the screen. Once the apple logo is visible, release the buttons and let the Ipod restart. Once the Ipod is reset, try to connect the ipod to the computer and synchronize it.

If the connecting cord which is used to connect the Ipod to the computer is not proper then the Ipod will not get synced. As you have disconnected the Ipod abruptly while it was syncing, it is possible that it must have affected the USB controller of the computer. Hence try changing the cord and the port on which the Ipod is connected. After changing the cord and the port on which the Ipod is connected, check if the Ipod is getting synced or not.

I was also facing the same problem with my Ipod. Once when the Ipod was getting synced, the computer turned off due to power failure. When the power came back, I was not able to sync any data to the Ipod. I searched a lot for getting the solution but all in vain. Then I connected the Ipod to the computer and started Itunes. Instead of synchronizing the Ipod, I clicked on the Restore button in the Itunes. I would suggest that you connect the Ipod to the computer and then restore the Ipod. Once the Ipod is restored, you will be able to sync the Ipod without any problems.