Thread: Toshiba m35-s320 laptop gives white blank screen on startup

Toshiba m35-s320 laptop gives white blank screen on startup

Hello there, I have a Toshiba m35-s320 laptop which is installed with Windows Xp operating system. The laptop was working great but from last few days it wont boot at all. Whenever I press the power button to start the laptop, it gives a white blank screen and nothing else happens. As I am not a computer savvy, I dont know what is causing the problem. Hence if anybody else is getting a White blank screen in Toshiba m35-s320 laptop then please share some solutions about the same. Any suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

Re: Toshiba m35-s320 laptop gives white blank screen on startup

All the functions of the computers are controlled by the motherboard of the computer. If the motherboard of the computer itself is faulty then the computer is bound to give some problems while working. I think the motherboard of your laptop is faulty due to which you are facing such a problem. Take the laptop to the nearest service center and get the laptop checked by the technician. If the motherboard is faulty then there is no other option than to replace the motherboard. Once the motherboard is replaced you will not face such problems.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Laptops face the problem of residual charge storage in them. In laptops the residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips of the laptop. When the residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips, the system is not able to access the RAM chips. If the RAM chips are not accessible by the system, then the operating system will not get loaded. The only solution to this problem is to remove the residual charge. To remove the residual charge, shut down the laptop and disconnect it from AC source. Remove the battery and press the power button. Keep the power button pressed for about a minute and then release it. Let the laptop sit for about a minute and then replace the battery. After replacing the battery, see if the computer starts.

If you can open the laptop, then open it and locate the battery on the motherboard. The battery on the motherboard is responsible for the saving all the CMOS settings. If the voltage across the battery goes below the threshold level then the laptop will not boot. Remove the battery and then check the voltage across the battery using a digital multimeter. The voltage of the battery should be between 2.5 volts to 3 volts. If the voltage is less than 2.5 volts then you will have to replace the battery. Once the battery is replaced the laptop will boot without giving any problems.

Every laptop has a external video output to it. Try and connect the laptop to some external monitor and then check if the display is visible on the monitor. The description of your problem suggests that the LCD of your laptop is not getting enough power and hence it is not able to display. As all the laptops have a external VGA o/p you can easily connect an external monitor to the laptop. Once the monitor is connected and is displaying properly, get the LCD of the laptop replaced as it is creating problems.

I think you will have to replace the GPU of your laptop. I suspect that the onboard display chip on your laptop has gone bad due to which you are not able to get the display on your laptop. The display chip on the motherboard is responsible for generating the display on the laptop. If the display chip itself is faulty, then it wont be able to produce proper display in the laptop. Get the onboard display chip tested and if it is faulty then there is no other option than to get the display chip replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsly View Post
    Laptops face the problem of residual charge storage in them. In laptops the residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips of the laptop. When the residual charge gets stored near the RAM chips, the system is not able to access the RAM chips. If the RAM chips are not accessible by the system, then the operating system will not get loaded. The only solution to this problem is to remove the residual charge. To remove the residual charge, shut down the laptop and disconnect it from AC source. Remove the battery and press the power button. Keep the power button pressed for about a minute and then release it. Let the laptop sit for about a minute and then replace the battery. After replacing the battery, see if the computer starts.
    Hey, I created an account on this forum and bumped a year and a half old thread just to let you know that you freakin' rock!

I attempted to replace a broken laptop screen myself today and after I had completed the job, I was getting a blank screen on start-up. I figured I had jacked up the wire and was really bummed about it. After doing some Google searches on what the issue could be, most of what I was finding was confirming my suspicion... until I came across your post. I did exactly what you said and it worked like a charm. Thanks so much!