Thread: iSync does not sync with Nokia N95

iSync does not sync with Nokia N95

Hi,

I have recently purchased Nokia N95. When I am trying to sync my mobile with macbook pro, apparently my iSync does not sync with Nokia N95 after pairing . I have tried many solutions mentioned in various forums but I have not able to fix my problem. Is there anyone who can solve my problem ???

Re: iSync does not sync with Nokia N95

Check for Free memory on your phone. If you run out of memory, you can release part by removing unnecessary or unused files from your phone. When you delete files, then think to turn off then turn on your phone. Files unused or unnecessary that you might want to consider are contacts, calendars, text messages that you no longer need, emails, photos, sounds and movies. For example, after installing the iSync agent and read the message it sends iSync, you can delete this message and to free up about 200 KB of memory on the phone.

Try reinstalling iSync Agent, if you have not managed to install the iSync agent due to lack of memory, proceed as follows (after freeing up memory) to ensure synchronization of all your data:

1. Select your phone in iSync, then choose Remove Device menu File.
    2. Turn off and then restart your phone.
    3. Locate the iSync agent on your phone (if there) and delete(1).
    4. In iSync, choose Add a device menu File.
    5. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen in iSync and your phone to set the content to be synchronized.
    6. When you configure the phone, choose "merge" or "delete" menu "1st sync. Remember, if you choose to delete all calendars and contacts on the phone will be erased and replaced by the contents of the Address Book and iCal.
    7. Synchronize!

When the phone memory is full, it is possible that the iSync agent closes the connection without indicating that the memory is full, which could prevent the synchronization part of the information. If the phone memory is almost full, try to synchronize a group of Address Book contacts with fewer or photos (you can of course also free up more memory on your phone). Remember to turn off then turn on your phone.

Update the firmware of the phone, some phones may require software updates to operate properly. Check the phone manufacturer or service provider for the availability of updates and service options. Try turning off then turn on the phone to see if that solves the problem of communication. You might want to do this each time you synchronize.

If iSync is unable to connect with certain models of Nokia and Sony Ericsson make sure the personal firewall is disabled.

Disable the personal firewall in System Preferences as follows:

1. Choose Apple> System Preferences.
    2. Choose View> Sharing.
    3. Click on the Firewall tab.
    4. Click Stop to disable the firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by CLONEOPS View Post
    When the phone memory is full, it is possible that the iSync agent closes the connection without indicating that the memory is full, which could prevent the synchronization part of the information. If the phone memory is almost full, try to synchronize a group of Address Book contacts with fewer or photos (you can of course also free up more memory on your phone). Remember to turn off then turn on your phone.
    But how am I supposed to choose sync for just a group of contacts? I have a SE z610i. When I try to sync it with iSync it reaches a 236 contacts and then it just says "Session failed". Does this mean that I have not enough space on the sim card or just the phone? Tried to deleta some messages and that doesn't change the fact that it only send 236 contacts and then just quits. The contacts are nowhere to be found afterwards.

Do you have SD card in your phone ? If yes, than first move some data from your phone memory to memory card. Also try to copy all your contacts to memory card and than transfer all those to wherever you want to sync. Once it is transferred, you can manually save it in your contact list. Do reply the result.

Hey! Thanks, but I fixed in another way. One of the contacts was broken, so that's why iSync wouldn't finish the operation.