Thread: Want to use Micromax Q5 camera as webcam

Want to use Micromax Q5 camera as webcam

I am having the Micromax Q5 mobile phone which i have purchased just one week ago. I am having the desktop and i am not having the webcam for my desktop. So i am thinking of using the camera of Micromax Q5 mobile as webcam. I want to know that can i do this. If yes then give me the procedure for doing this. After that it will be easier for me to do the video chatting on the IM's.

Re: Want to use Micromax Q5 camera as webcam

You are having the Micromax Q5 mobile phone which has the 2 megapixel camera and you have purchased this mobile phone only one week before and you want to use the camera of this mobile phone as the web camera in your desktop computer system so that you can do the video chatting on the Instant messengers like yahoo messenger etc. I think you can do it easily with your Micromax Q5 mobile phone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think you can use the camera of the Micromax Q5 mobile phone as the webcam with your desktop or the laptop if and only if this mobile phone has the support for using the camera as the webcam. So refer to the user guide of the mobile phone and confirm that you can do it or not. If yes , then read the procedure carefully for doing that with the Micromax Q5 Mobile phone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

First of all you should install all the software and also the driver software of this mobile phone in your computer or the laptop with which you want to use this mobile phone. The driver disc is provided with the mobile phone itself insert it in the Rom of the system and install the software and the driver softwares of the Micromax Q5 mobile phone.

If you are not having the driver disc of the Micromax Q5 mobile phone with you then you can also download the driver software and other software of this mobile phone from the official website of the Micromax Mobile. The following link will take you to the driver download page of the Micromax Q5 Mobile phone. Download and install the driver and software properly.
    http://www.micromaxinfo.com/products/q5fb.html

After installing the driver software for the Micromax Q5 mobile in your computer system connect the Mobile using the USB cable with the desktop computer. The USB Cable is provided with the mobile phone itself. After connecting you will be asked to choose the connection type selection in the mobile phone. Select the Webcam from the list of the option. Now the Micromax Mobile will be connected in the webcam mode to your computer system and you can use it as the webcam.

Affection Re: Want to use Micromax Q5 camera as webcam

it is very easy to use micromax q5 as a web cam
    just follow follwings steps:
    1) connect data cable in computer
    2)thn 3 option are there in ur mob i.e a)mass storage b)webcam c)com port
    3)select webcam
    4)now u able to do video chat

we want to install any software for it ????
    nd it wil work n windows 7 os ah ????

There is a tool for that and it works on Windows 7 also. It is called as Yawcam. You can turn your PC into a Webcam server and save pictures taken with your webcam. You can put photos directly on a website with this tool. The software support JPEG, GIF, png, etc. You can insert the date, time and text on the image. The software is multilingual.