Thread: Problems with Advent laptop

Problems with Advent laptop

I have an Advent laptop which is running on Windows Vista operating system. I am facing multiple problems with the laptop which I am using. The laptop does not boot sometimes when the power button is pressed. If the laptop is connected to Internet, it loses connectivity after sometimes. I am not a computer savvy and hence need your help in solving the problem. If anybody else is facing the similar Problems with Advent laptop then please share some information.

Re: Problems with Advent laptop

I think the Windows operating system which is installed on your computer is creating such problems for you. If the operating system is not installed properly on the system then it is bound to create problems for the user. If you have the install disk of the version of the operating system which you are using, insert it in the driver and boot the system from the disk. The installer will load and will give the several options for installation. Choose the option which suits you the best. Either repair or reinstall the operating system again. After reinstalling the operating system you will not face the same problem again.

Check if the drivers for the network adapter are installed and working properly on the computer. All the devices which are connected to the computer require set of software's to be installed on the computer to work properly. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer then the device will not work properly. To check the drivers for the network adapter, open the device manager and select the Network adapter. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting does not help then try and update the drivers of the network adapter.

All the laptops face the problems with the residual charge. Residual charge usually gets stored near the RAM chips. If such a situation occurs then the system will not be able to access the RAM chips due to the residual charge. If the system is not able to access the Ram, then it will not be able to boot the operating system. Hence to clear the residual charge, shut down the laptop and disconnect it from all the AC source. Remove the battery of the laptop. Now press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Release the button after 30 seconds and then let the laptop sit for about 2 minutes. Then replace the battery and check the performance of the laptop.

Scan the laptop with some updated antivirus. As the laptop is disconnected frequently from the network, it is possible that the laptop is infected with some virus. Virus's have the tendency to link with the applications which are used frequently. If a virus gets linked with the application then application will not work properly. Hence scan the system with some updated antivirus and check if there are any infected files. If there are any infected files, then repair or quarantine them and check if the laptop still gets disconnected from the network or not.

Open the laptop and locate the battery on the motherboard. If the voltage of the battery goes below the threshold level, then the laptop gives problems while booting. To be sure if the problem is due to battery, open the laptop and remove the battery from the motherboard. Check the voltage across the battery using Digital multimeter. It should be between 2.5 volts to 3 volts. If the voltage of the battery is less than 2.5 volts then you will have to replace the battery. Once the battery is replaced, then you will not face problems while booting.

Exclamation Re: Problems with Advent laptop

I also have an Advent laptop. It runs on Windows 7 and recently I have been having problems with starting it up. What it does is run up until the Windows 7 sign, then it takes at least fifteen minutes to do something, which is restart and tell me that it failed to start.

Please help!