Thread: Gprs settings of aircel for nokia n900

Gprs settings of aircel for nokia n900

Hi friends,
    I have recently bought Nokia new N900 mobile and i feel that it is a great phone and from my point of view no other phone is as good as this one. Recently i came to know about the new unlimited gprs plan in "Aircel" and i activated this plan to use unlimited gprs on my new nokia n900. But the problem is that i don't have the gprs setting for my phone. I want to use aircel pocket internet on my phone. I am searching it from the last i week, can anyone tell me the steps to use and properly activate gprs on my nokia phone.
    Last edited by LaTrell; 16-02-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Re: Gprs settings of aircel for nokia n900

I think the best way of getting the setting for the gprs is that you need to have some chat with the customer care of the service which you are using. You can call to the customer care and from there you can activate in the better way and also you can place a request to deliver the gprs setting for your phone. In this case you need to provide information to the customer care like the model number of your phone and the mobile brand etc. After doing that you will be delivered with the gprs settings to your phone.

Pocket internet setting for all nokia phones.

You need to go to Menu and then to the settings> Connectivity> Destinations> New AN type Pocket internet
    Account name: pocket internet
    Access Point Name: aircelwap
    user name : blank
    password : blank
    Authentication type: normal
    proxy address: 172.017.083.069
    proxy port: 8080
    No need to go in advanced setting and finally save the settings.

After doing all the steps swithch off the mobile for some time, after that on it and directly go to the web browser and browse the net using pocket internet.

There is no need of any kind of gprs setting for nokia phones. In case if you don't find the settings then, as you can notice that we have the Settings Wizard on your device which is inbuilt software, just go to the icon in your phone and click it you will be asked to set up setting for the operator or for the mms, you have to select for the operator and follow the prompts. afte doing all the steps now your phone has established a new gprs connection and now you can use the net with the default browser.

To set the settings using the "Settings Wizard" on your device then follow the steps:

1. In your phone press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll in the menu and select Tools.
    3. Scroll down and select Setting wizard to launch it in your Nokia phone.
    4. After that select Operator.
    5. Follow all the steps to automatically configure the settings in your phone with the required operator service settings.
    6. Finally to check it go to the web browser and click on the operators hom page.