Thread: Tom Tom application doesn't work on my iphone

Tom Tom application doesn't work on my iphone

I have recently bought a new brand Apple Iphone, and it feels great to have it. I was searching for the navigation application for my phone and was able to find "Tom Tom" which is a great navigation application. I purchased this application and it appears in my iTunes application folder. But there a problem occurred, i wanted to use this application on my iphone for the navigation but when i connected my phone to sync with the itunes, i was not able to transfer the application on my phone. Anyone can suggest me that how can i transfer it or install it in my iphone to use gps navigation or can suggest any other gps application for the same.

Re: Tom Tom application doesn't work on my iphone

If you are not able to use it or any error you are getting then you need to re-download the purchased application and don't worry it would be free. Delete the application which you have recently downloaded in itunes, you will get a popup saying to move the files to trash or keep on your computer, you have to select yes to move to trash. After that you need to re-download the application, you will get a prompt asking to buy it, select yes, another prompt will appear saying that you already bought it, do you want to re-download it and select yes. When you download any application from the net some times the apps don't download correctly so for that reason we have to re- download an application avoiding any error.

As wiro suggested when you have finished your re-downloading the application then there is some basic steps to do. After downloading it in itunes, remember that the account you have signed in itunes should match the account on your phone(Settings>Store), and you also have to signin on your phone. You have to connect your phone and put a check in the box for TomTom application under the applications tab and sync the phone.

About Tom Tom application which i am using. I have purchased Tom Tom application for my iphone. It has the route planner which works very quickly and accurate, the graphics are excellent and it has very user friendly interface. I have tried three other GPS application for my iPhone but Tom Tom as i have noticed the it is far better and the best but the most expensive one, but it is cost saving on roaming charges as Tom Tom maps are downloaded to the iPhone.

I use "iGO My way 2009" application for the navigation on my iphone. This version has a new features compared to the navigation apps in the iphone.

New Features:

• It is integrated with the contact list in iPhone by which you can select any contacts from the phone with a valid address and you can set it as destination.
    • You can use your music playlist without leaving navigation it provides the control music playback (pause, resume, skip) from the quick menu.
    • I supports multi point route.
    • This version 1.1 comes with updated maps for free.

I use "AT&T Navigator" which is great gps program. It transforms your iPhone 3G & 3GS into navigation application with a voice-guided navigation system which helps you in turn-by-turn driving directions. But there is a subscription charge which will appear on your AT&T wireless bill. You have the option and you can choose between monthly or annual subscription options. You can shake to go to set a route with your home address simply by shaking your iPhone.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"